PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip! (so far)

jramsey
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
The wife and I have just arrived in McMinnville Or. The weather has been mild so far. We have just completed a visit to Portland, and Astoria. Before that we were in Sisters for the biggest outdoor quilt show I have ever seen. Lotts of fun! beautiful country. Maybe we will head over to the coast.

antiqfreq
07-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Will you be anywhere near Tillamook, OR?

If so, you can visit the cheese factory/story - see how the cheese and ice cream is made and DEFINITELY get some ice cream.

It is awesome.

We also got some cheddar cheese while we were there!

There are several great lighthouses along the coast also if you make it to the coastal area.

Have a great camping trip!

Jo
:thumbsup:

jramsey
07-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the tips! We wanted to go to Tillamook but It may take us farther north than we wanted to go. We love the Lighthouses on the coast and the great food!

jramsey
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I guess I can remove the (so far) from the title. We had a great time in Oregon, What a beatiful state and they sure know how to run their state parks, Oh MY"bouncey:. Got back to California and you can tell that the state is going broke no money tto fix the roads, got a nice chip in the windshield on our last day on the road about 100 miles from home:(. Truck and 5ver worked well with no issues. It's good to be home but I can't wait to leave.

hankpage
07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Always glad to hear that someone had an enjoyable safe trip. Hope the windshield chip is repairable, Hank