PDA

View Full Version : Need new recliners

mhbell
05-28-2018, 06:09 AM
Here is the problem. On my cougar half ton series its a 2016 277RLSWE the recliners at the rear were switched. They were to big and to get the slide closed one of the recliners had to be put in the doorway. This made it very hard to get in the 5th wheel when travelling. You had to climb over the recliner to even get in the door or to the slide button. Could not use the bathroom while on the road traveling. I took the 2 recliners out and sold them. I'm now looking to buy 2 recliners or a swivel rocker and one recliner. I wonder what the originals were. Anyone in the forum that could send me pictures of what should be the original recliners. Since the distance from the slide to the wall it is only 22 inches, so when the slide is closed the near recliner has to be moved and needs to be small enough that it doesn't block the whole doorway. Any help appreciated. below is a picture of the recliners that I took out.
https://rvbloggers.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/1f-e1526665016906.jpg
Mel

:banghead:

jlb27537
05-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Our Montana had heavy leather recliners that had to be turned 90 degrees to get the slides in. We sold them and replaced then with Lazy Boy recliners. Paid about $600 each, but this the second rv we have had the same chairs in. Probably used them for 10 years and are light, easy to turn. Current price on the net is nuts, look for a sale. I will try and post a pic? Of our model chair from the Lazy Boy site.

The chairs have a high back for a head rest and with the foot rest up, is fully covered so puppy can sleep between your legs.

buvens
05-28-2018, 08:39 AM
We took our dinette out and bought a couple of
of Lazy-boys also. They have two types. One is a wall huger and one is not. The ones we bought are not the wall huger so we pull them away from the wall when using them. We bought these because they lay back more but have to be moved away from the wall.
Found them online a good bit cheaper and the store matched the price.

mhbell
05-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Here are some pictures to better understand what I'm up against.
https://imgur.com/BH5rQg8

https://imgur.com/eMU5Xqm

https://imgur.com/d0hJJrc

https://imgur.com/M0N0qlw

mel

buvens
05-28-2018, 11:34 AM
Looks like you almost need a foldup lawn chair like those zero gravity ones that you can fold up.

JRTJH
05-28-2018, 12:48 PM
I don't know of any recliners that are less than 22" wide and very few (if any) that are less than 22" deep, so finding a recliner that you can leave in place will be impossible and finding one that you can leave there "IF" you turn it sideways is also going to be "almost impossible"..... We have two "swivel rockers" that came out of our Cougar that are 28" wide and 30" deep. They are the smallest "RV chair" that I've seen.

If you do find some that are smaller and have any measure of comfortable sitting, please post the source. I'm sure many people would want to know that such a chair exists......

mhbell
05-28-2018, 01:31 PM
I don't know of any recliners that are less than 22" wide and very few (if any) that are less than 22" deep, so finding a recliner that you can leave in place will be impossible and finding one that you can leave there "IF" you turn it sideways is also going to be "almost impossible"..... We have two "swivel rockers" that came out of our Cougar that are 28" wide and 30" deep. They are the smallest "RV chair" that I've seen.

If you do find some that are smaller and have any measure of comfortable sitting, please post the source. I'm sure many people would want to know that such a chair exists......
I am not looking for one that is 22 inches wide. I just want one that is easy to move and will not block the doorway when on the road traveling. I have found some that are 28 and 27 inches wide that I could put in front of the Little cabinet and still have room to get in as they would only partly block the doorway. I am wondering what others have done in the same situation. Would like to here from owners that have the same type cougar.
Mel

JRTJH
05-28-2018, 01:50 PM
There are several threads from years past that discuss laying one of the chairs on the sofa and using bungee cords to secure it in place for travel. While that seems like a lot to go through (to me) I guess there are some people who find it an alternative. Seems the older I get the heavier 50 pounds becomes, and I'd guess that at some point, even 25 pounds will be too much to lift "comfortably".... That said, good luck in your search and if you do find something, please let us all know !!!

66joej
05-28-2018, 04:23 PM
I am not looking for one that is 22 inches wide. I just want one that is easy to move and will not block the doorway when on the road traveling. I have found some that are 28 and 27 inches wide that I could put in front of the Little cabinet and still have room to get in as they would only partly block the doorway. I am wondering what others have done in the same situation. Would like to here from owners that have the same type cougar.
Mel

Had that same problem when we had our Cougar 318SAB 5er. We went with chairs from Ikea. They are called "Poeng" I believe and come with foot stools. Light and comfortable (at least to us). Put them on the couch and bungeed them when slides were in. Cheap fix at the time. YMMV