PDA

View Full Version : No AC, Microwave or outlets

Jjesz
05-27-2018, 10:42 PM
HELP!!

We are getting our 2014 Raptor ready for camping and we have no AC, Microwave or outlets. The lights, fridge, water system, sound systems and fans all work. We are currently using the generator for power. Also upon looking for the power we have realized the strangest problem which is shutting off the breakers doesn’t actually turn off anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ctbruce
05-28-2018, 04:40 AM
Everything you list as working is 12 volt and uses the blade fuses for protection. Pull the fuses, they will quit working. Put them back in, they will work again. This part runs off your battery.

Everything not working is 120volt AC, like in your house and uses breakers for protection. These are two separate systems so you need to treat them as such. This part runs off of your electric supply. What you plug into

Where are you plugged into to operate all of the AC side? It sounds like you blew a breaker there. My wife just did this at our home, drawing too much power and flipped a house breaker. If on a camp pedestal, make sure the breaker on it did not trip.

Ken / Claudia
05-28-2018, 08:27 AM
Your may also have a switch on/off for sending power on the genny make sure that is also on or your just running it without supplying power.

travelin texans
05-28-2018, 10:26 AM
I'd start by resetting the GFCI near the bathroom or kitchen sink, possibly in the convenience center.
And as I've said numerous times, get a surge protector/EMS & use every time you plug in, this prevents rv electronic damage from bad shore power & will confirm that the shore power is good, eliminating some of the possible power problems.