PDA

View Full Version : 303rls cable/satellite question for sat or cable input

Howie
05-27-2018, 12:46 PM
On my 5th there are 2 cable hookups in the connections box. One says Satellite Prep, the other says nothing. I hooked up Direct cable from satellite on Sat Prep and the Living room tv gets signal, nothing on bedroom hookups. If I hook up Direct cable to the other input in the connection box I get the signal in the bedroom which tells me the cables are not wired to both rooms, just one cable per room. I can run two lines to get direct in both places and can also get roof antenna signal on both rooms for the over the air broadcasts at the same time. I was hoping I could hook up cable in on one connection and directv on the other to get both tvs receiving all inputs but it appears I have to choose between cable or directv for each room feed. Has anyone tried this or figures out how to accomplish the multiple hookups?

Wmeili
06-04-2018, 07:37 PM
On our new alpine one of the splitters was not wired correctly they had the input going to an output. I was able to get all three televisions working of one receiver. I had a separate coax outlet behind the tv for each