PDA

View Full Version : A/C options

wiredgeorge
05-27-2018, 05:45 AM
Currently have a 2002 Cougar 5ver mdl 278. It has the original dometic 13.5K btu a/c; ducted and has a thermostat. No heat strip but none needed. The A/C can't keep the temps much below 80F in the cabin when it is 100F outside in full South Texas sun. I cleaned/serviced the unit this spring and it is working fine... just not cool enough.

OK, thinking about a 15K BTU unit. The Dometic Breeze II seems to be highly recommended by the Internet RV blogging gurus BUT when you look at amazon reviews, many damaged units in shipping, many units die in first few months, poor customer support from Dometic, etc. The Coleman 15K btu unit seems to have much better amazon reviews and ratings BUT I can't find any info on which unit to buy, if it works with a thermostat or in a ducted RV. Guess I will need to call their customer support for that.

If you upgraded your A/C from 13.5K BTU to 15K BTU, which unit did you go with? Did you install yourself and what additional parts are needed. If I went with a Coleman, do I need a gasket and lower A/C component (inside part) and will it work with my thermostat.... any help with these options is appreciated. TIA