PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Roll

Me.Bikes.Dogs
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey Toy Haulers, do you ever use that roll of carpet that comes with your unit? I full-time in mine and have been hauling that damn piece of carpet around but never used it. I'm trying to sell it on Craigslist. Does anyone really use it to line their garage?

chuck&gail
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Our last toyhauler had that piece. I made dealer keep it when we picked up new TT. Never missed it. Our new toyhauler never even came with silly carpet piece.

07-17-2011, 07:30 PM
We roll it up when we haul our toys (4-Wheelers mostly), and put it up on the top queen bed to haul it. When we get to where we are camping we unload the wheelers and roll the carpet out. Wouldn't want to be without it.

randy69
07-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Is there something better than that piece of rug. Yes I use it when everything is out. And it's a good stop when rolled up. I put wheel chocks there before I tie down bikes. But what a messy carpet Backing crumbles off/

joestaz
07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I've been using our for the last month. On a trip cross country and didn't bring the scooter. Using it as my man cave. Have the recliner, fridge, tv, washer/dryer and the bathroom. Makes it feel like home, well almost.

strokendiesel002
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
We kept ours. Keep it on top bunk when it's not being used. It really works well to help keep the garage more of a stabil temp as there isn't any insulation under there... so much for the sales pitch of an ":banghead:Arctic Package". We'll see how long it lasts, when it goes to shreds I'll try and get one that's a little nicer :rolleyes:

Fuzin'
08-07-2012, 01:52 PM
We fold ours up and put it on the bottom bed/couch while hauling toys and when we unload we roll it out and turn the garage into our dauhters room. Just makes it more comfy on bare feet and insulates the room a little more.
It's not for everyone but it works for us!:cool:

Whitehouse
08-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Yep we use ours. On our old TH, I bought a padded piece at Menards for $50. It was in the clearance section but they wanted a few hundred. The TH we own now isn't padded & I can tell the difference. I think they make the garage feel less like a garage. Most all TH owners I know use theirs.

christopherglenn
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Our garage is a bedroom / playroom for the kids. I put the carpet down when we brought it home from the dealer, and it has been there sence.

dpkimmel2001
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm brand new to the toy hauler experience but I think that we will be using the carpet roll most every chance we get. It does give it more of a roomy feel rather than being a garage that you are sleeping in. We've got two bunk beds in the back along with the rear patio option and the carpet makes it seem just like an extension of the trailer. The piece of carpet that came with our unit has an edge that it sewn into that appears like it should prevent it from coming apart. So, I think it will last but time will tell.