PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear and alignment

Jmartin14320
05-22-2018, 04:37 PM
We have had our 21RBSWE trailer for some months and have traveled from southern CA to Oregon, northern CA multiple times and to New Mexico. The issue is the wear pattern on one of the tires. It is one that is closest to the rear of the trailer and is losing tread on one side as it is apparently out of alignment. The other three tires have even wear with plenty of tread but the one tire is going bald. The tire is on the passenger side, rear tire of the two and the tread toward the outside of the tire is wearing and almost bald. The trailer has Correct Track stickers and HW. Any recommendations or proposed solutions greatly appreciated.

Bttravel
05-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Just went through the same problem with out 2016 Sprinter 319MKS TT. Right rear tire was wearing on the outside treads pretty noticeable and not that many miles. Took the unit to a company in the area that custom builds trailers and had them check the axles, spindles, etc. All was good. They first suspicion'd a bent spindle but they were not. Both tires tracking nice and straight. He told me he had someone a couple of years back with a heavier trailer that was doing the same thing. (Trailer King tires) Customer replaced tires with heavier rated and no problem since. My TT is right at 10K with opposing slides at the rear. I put on Goodyear Endurance two months ago with Load range E, (my rims were capable of handling the higher psi rating - 80lbs) and man what a difference. It was a different trailer going down the road. More stable and not near as much wallowing around. Also noticed hardly any bulge in the sidewall, unlike the TK's that at full psi had a definite bulge. They put the minimal tires on these things to hold cost down but they are a hazard to us owners. Even my wife commented how much better if pulled. Find a good custom trailer manufacturer and see if they will check the axles and spindles. I'm betting new heavier rated tires will cure and improve. Good luck.