PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water fill.

Northofu1
05-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Hey folks,
On my maiden voyage in the 1000 lakes district of NY. Everythjng going great. I do have one question. Its going to rain tonight and on through the day. Is it feasible to fill fresh water tank so i can disconnect city water hose and pack to save time in the morning?
Also any hints on a fast bug out?
TIA
Dan and Serena

Frank G
05-21-2018, 04:22 PM
Follow your check list and check it twice before leaving with the jacks dow:facepalm:n.

MattHelm21
05-21-2018, 04:22 PM
If you are comfortable hauling the extra weight of the left over fresh water after filling the tank then yes it is feasible. On my last trip that is exactly what I did. The night before leaving the only connection left was electric. The next morning, showers, pack loose items, slideouts in, hitch up and go. If you are on a level site, you can hitch up the night before. Just remember that preparing is good but rushing leads to mistakes so have at it and enjoy.

Northofu1
05-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Thank you Matt

DOWva
05-21-2018, 06:02 PM
I agree don't get into too much of a hurry.... saw a guy last year did just that and left his tv antenna up and broke if off as he was leaving.

sourdough
05-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Don't know that I would worry that much about the fresh water hose. Takes a few moments to disconnect and store vs pulling it out now, filling the fresh water tank then draining later (if it's not filled). With a raincoat (for pouring rain) it makes things OK and as I said, the fresh water hose is one of the easier things to take care of.

bobbecky
05-21-2018, 08:23 PM
If you really want a fast getaway, run on battery power over night, and have everything disconnected, even have the truck connected, except for the trailer cord. Then you only have to lift the jacks and pull in the slides. We have never done that, and occasionally have had to break camp in a driving rain and we have also had to set up in a driving rain, although we usually set up after the rain lets up a bit if its raining that hard. It's all part of the fun of camping :D