PDA

View Full Version : 2003 LAredo Kingpin

aaronhuff59
05-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at 03 Laredo 29Bh. The Kingpin was rebuild and the stock wood rails were replaced with aluminum and tied into the aluminum frame. Has anyone heard of this before? I'm not overly familiar with 5th wheels.

Thanks

JRTJH
05-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Wood rails ???? The typical kingpin installation, for as long as I can remember, has been an integral part of the steel trailer frame/rail construction. I've never seen any kingpin installed on wooden components and I've never seen aluminum used in frame construction of any hitch attachment point. Typically aluminum is only used in trailer wall/floor/roof framing, not in the fifth wheel hitch/kingpin/trailer rail/frame construction.

gkainz
05-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Wood rails ???? The typical kingpin installation, for as long as I can remember, has been an integral part of the steel trailer frame/rail construction. I've never seen any kingpin installed on wooden components and I've never seen aluminum used in frame construction of any hitch attachment point. Typically aluminum is only used in trailer wall/floor/roof framing, not in the fifth wheel hitch/kingpin/trailer rail/frame construction.

I wrestled with this post as well. I assume the OP is referring to house framing on, around and over the kingpin area?