PDA

View Full Version : Living Room TV receives fewer channels

Tbos
05-17-2018, 05:34 AM
Using the antenna and amp (located above bedroom TV) in my Alpine 3651RL the bedroom TV receives a lot more channels then my LR TV does. Do I need to add another amp by the LR TV? Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks. On cable I think they both work the same.

flybouy
05-17-2018, 05:44 AM
Often it's just the brand/quality of the tv. I would take the bedroom tv (the smaller of the 2 I'd assume) and connect it to the cable on the LR location. If the chanels drop significantly it could be a defective splitter. I remember when I replaced the OEM tv in our trailer and was amazed at how many channels the Samsung tv received vs the OEM tv. It was a direct comparison as I took the new to tv with us when camping and replaced the OEM while the camper and antenna remained stationary.

34kw
05-17-2018, 06:07 AM
On our 2011 Laredo it's just the opposite. Bedroom has less channels.

Tbos
05-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Same brand but different models. I’ll try the move test.

travelin texans
05-17-2018, 08:23 AM
Mine was the same, bedroom had more channels. I found the splitter (finally, stuffed in the ceiling) & found that all the connections were loose & they had put the "in" cable on the "out", switched/tightened everything & now the bedroom still gets a few more channels but they are 2 different brands of tvs.