PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater works; Twilight Zone Issue

Eric MP
05-16-2018, 04:42 AM
Good news. The electrical element did not burn out from our debacle with the water heater two weeks ago. Yes, our 27RLS Sprinter is equipped with a by pass value.......the owner's manual simply states "if equipped". One reply stated that the by pass valve is not an option.

:banghead: New Question: After we got our TT home from the dealer and before our first voyage (water heater issue) I got up on the roof. I noticed the HD antenna was in the down position.....aka flush with the roof line. Sometime since our first voyage and before last weekend, I noticed the HD antenna was in the up position.

Our second outing was last weekend. I confirmed at the location that the antenna was still up. In the up position it is lower than the height of the roof top AC unit. I do not know how it was raised. There is no obvious switch at the control center for raising or lowering the antenna. I turned the antenna booster off and went out and looked.....antenna still up....2-3 minutes later. Nothing about it in the Summit TV manual, nor the Connexx sound bar manual (no surprise there). Nothing that I can find on either TV or sound bar that is a switch for the antenna. We did not receive a manual on the antenna........... It seems, like in the title, to be a Twilight Zone issue with a mind of its own. Any ideas? Tnnx, Eric

chuckster57
05-16-2018, 04:58 AM
Can you post a pic of UFO (antenna)? It maybe a fixed antenna and your eyes were playing tricks on you, could be crazy Cain’s ghosts have taken control of tor RV.

Eric MP
05-16-2018, 07:12 AM
I will try to get a pic. It is shaped: metal circle in the middle with two shrinking rectangular wings.....North South is the current up position. Don't know of any way to maneuver it to other positions anyway if it has that capability. Eyes were fooled when it was down? I would have busted a shin or two on it if it had been up when I was :whistling: "up on the roof"....tnx, Eric

Eric MP
05-18-2018, 03:11 AM
It has become evident that I was not seeing what I thought I had seen! Seems this is happening more often these days! I took a pic or two of the antenna. When I took the close up, it was very evident to me that the antenna is a fixed HD antenna that has always been up. You were right when commenting about my eyes (and memory) playing tricks on me. :nonono: Tnx, Eric

chuckster57
05-18-2018, 04:20 AM
Yup, you got it!!