PDA

View Full Version : TV upgrades

Retired Copper
05-15-2018, 03:36 PM
After debate and research decided to up grade a few things on TV. Still checking and looking to upgrade shocks to bilstein whenever they finally come out. I had heard about the katzkins and I am very happy with them and the backup sensors well you never know when the DW will take the truck to Lowes. Had a switch put on them to cut the off when hooking up to a trailer.16452

66joej
05-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Interesting your F250 doesn't have the option to shut off backup sensors. F150's have the option on the settings mode.

notanlines
05-15-2018, 04:51 PM
Copper, what Joe said, your 250 has or had a function on the dash/screen to temporarily disengage your beeper/warning.

MarcS
05-15-2018, 05:52 PM
The factory park aid sensors should disengaged automatically when the truck has a trailer plugged in.

Retired Copper
05-15-2018, 06:02 PM
A lot of xlt f250 come without the factory sensors, this one had what I was looking for without a lot of stuff I would never use much. Yes the f150 had those and I know about the factory sensors. The truck has a good camera and great mirrors and I probably would be fine without the sensors, but this is a really tall stock truck and it was just insurance to have it added. Got this one liking the payload16454

MarcS
05-15-2018, 06:22 PM
That's why i chose the F350 I got. Had the right equipment I was looking for.

busterbrown
05-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Still checking and looking to upgrade shocks to bilstein whenever they finally come out.
Do the Bilsteins, 5100 if they make a direct fit for your Ford. I installed a set on my rears last weekend. What an improvement (over the OEM Mopar shocks) in rebound control on the rear end. The Bilsteins offer a more compliant ride and less jarring over road imperfections. The factory shocks only have 15K miles on them too. They just don't perform like these Bilsteins. Big difference already and I haven't towed with them yet. Can't wait to. Unfortunately, the 5100 series for the fronts are only offered in a 2" leveling kit, something I don't want. So I'm stuck with changing out the rears for now.

Had a switch put on them to cut the off when hooking up to a trailer.
I'm shocked at this too as I thought Ford led the way with electronic options on all of its F-Series trucks. My Ram automatically de-activates the rear sensors when the 7 way pin is being utilized. The fronts stay active.

flybouy
05-17-2018, 05:49 AM
Reverse senors are listed as back up aid I think on mine. Was the dog in picture one an option or was it OEM?:)

goducks
05-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Take a look at KYB Mono's. I have used Bilsteins and Rancho in the past and got soured after the 9000's leaked and the 5100's got soft after 20,000 miles. Made the switch to KYB and got a much better controlled ride over the 5100's.

Retired Copper
05-17-2018, 07:48 AM
I like the switch; on the F150 I was always forgetting to scroll and turn the sensors off would have to stop and scroll the menu and back out. If I forget now I just hit the switch takes less than a second. The F 150did cut off sensors when hooked up but I didn`t like the beep beep beep trying to hook up. Am happy with the installers and the truck It just handles the trailer so much better and I can carry whatever I want too, not a problem. Just wanted new people to know; because I see them every day, you can find a truck with the payload rating you are looking for and add just a few options that you want with out having to buy a fully loaded truck and cutting into your payload with options you can live without. But we all like those loaded tricked out trucks, they are super nice.