PDA

View Full Version : 2017 cougar 359MBI fridge/freezer won’t cool?

apollonalo
05-14-2018, 05:29 PM
This past Saturday we got it all ready for the season. It’s on 50 amp shore power and the light is on in the fridge. Went back up to camp today and both the fridge and freezer are room temp. The “check” light is not lit and it’s in auto. The temp sensor is clipped on the fin as usual. Something else odd is it’s making a gurgling sound. I did open the outdoor cover and unplugged it and the lp kicked on. Plugged it back in and the lp shut off.

Had no problems with the fridge last year. What am I missing this year? It was on 50 amp shore power for 2 days and it didn’t get cold at all while in auto. No check light on. I did not run it on lp for an extended period of time on lp to see if that would make it cool but did test it to see that it does ignite when on lp. Like said earlier it makes a gurgling sound.

Any ideas or someone that has experienced the same thing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TAZ23
05-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Last year mine acted that way and it turned out to be the electric heat element. The auto position on the fridge detected shore power so it went into electric mode, but the heat element would not get hot so the fridge would not cool. It worked on the gas setting. I replaced the element and it's been working fine ever since.

apollonalo
05-19-2018, 05:54 AM
Thank you for the reply.

apollonalo
05-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Update. New cooling unit on its way from Dometic. Kind of like old times in the meantime with coolers and ice:)