PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 336BHS Outdoor Kitchen Drawer

KTB
05-14-2018, 04:57 PM
We have a 2017 Cougar 336BHS which has an outdoor kitchen with one drawer in the cabinet (and just face plates on the other two openings). I have noticed that there are some equipped with two drawers. When we took the plate off the opening without a drawer, we saw there were drawer slides mounted in the inside of the cabinet. We would really like to have the additional drawer! So I reached out to our dealership to see if they could contact Keystone on obtaining/purchasing this other drawer. The response back from Keystone was "Unfortunately we do not modify/customize our products." Not sure why they thought that, this is not a modification or a customization. Does anyone know where or who I can contact to purchase this drawer? Is there a way to contact Keystone directly (without going thru the dealership) to obtain parts? Attached are pictures of both outdoor kitchens (for the same floor plan). Both we have seen at the dealerships, (one with two drawers, one with one drawer). If anyone has any insight on other contact options so we can purchase this additional drawer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. Could really use the extra storage.....:ermm:

MarcS
05-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Why not just order the drawer from Keystone?

KTB
05-14-2018, 05:26 PM
That would be our next option. Problem is, how do you order it? Their website says you must go thru an authorized dealer. No luck there I guess. I think I will send our contact another email to reconfirm they read the request correctly. It should be a simple, done deal you would think. Thanks for your response.

MegaRam
05-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Looks like you have the drawer face, all you need is some good pine 1x and a small sheet of 1/4" ply and you can build the drawer. That handle should be easy to find. I built drawers for my dinette, its simple to do. You can use your existing drawer as a template.

You can get the tilt out hinge for the one under the sink for more storage too.

JRTJH
05-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Try this site: http://www.trekwood.com/

DocWMB
05-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Seems that, if there are drawer slides in that space, you were shorted a drawer, and it should be covered under warranty.

ctbruce
05-15-2018, 03:12 AM
It sounds like the dealer may not have communicated well with Keystone. I'd call Keystone and ask if they even carried it to determine if it's a wild goose chase. If they do, then the dealer can step into the box and take another swing. John's suggestion of Trekwood is also a good one. Good luck.16439

flybouy
05-15-2018, 03:22 AM
As John said Treckwood would be my first call. All the dealer had to do was ask Keystone for a replacement drawer, not additional.

KTB
06-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone! We contacted our dealer again and they pushed on keystone to get the drawer. Unfortunately we had to pay for it but didn’t care. Cost about $80 plus shipping. It must be an additional option since some we looked at prior to purchase had only one drawer and others had two. At this point we just wanted the extra storage. 🙂