PDA

View Full Version : Over under conversion kit to raise TT

flipazn
05-14-2018, 01:10 PM
I own a 2014 Hideout 24bh. Everything has been great up to this point except that I hate how low the trailer is. My rear end scrapes a lot and I also have to use a longer shank with my WD hitch (blueox swaypro) that tends to scrape as well. Because of this I’m thinking of installing these over under conversion kits to place the springs on top of the axle and raise the trailer ~5-7”. Anybody have any experience with this? Pros/Cons? Thx in advance!

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Suspension/Dexter-Axle/K71-384-00.html

66joej
05-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Had a 26' TrailCruiser some time ago. Bought it with the axles under the springs (flipped). Previous owner went dry camping most of the time. Work was done by a reputable frame shop. Didn't like the way it wanted to lean on our mountain highways so I reversed the springs back to stock. All the difference in the world when towing and easier for the DW to get up the stairs. YMMV

Port List
05-15-2018, 07:17 AM
I used to tow with a 97 F350 that just sat too high for the 24" fifth wheel I had. Flipped the axles and everything got better. Later, I had a 22' Hideout TT. Same issue, same cure. Give it a shot; you can always go back down if it doesn't do as you expect.