PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Reminder

JRTJH
05-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Camping season is in full swing for some, just getting started for a few more and about to start for the rest of us. So, just a quick reminder to not leave camp without pulling your awning in. This one (on a motorhome) is an "upgrade" over what most of us have, and even with the wind sensor system, it didn't survive. Most of us won't have to face this kind of damage, but it never hurts to be prepared by always rolling up the awning if you're not going to be "close enough to run back and roll it up".....

sourdough
05-13-2018, 09:05 AM
x2^^^^. I would also encourage folks to err on the side of caution. I went away for what was to be a 20-30 minute jaunt with no hint of "weather" except in the far distance....and it was just a hint. Out of the blue wind started kicking up and I knew we had a problem so quickly returned to the RV to pull in the awning. Thankfully it was "flexing" and hadn't torn up but the wind was popping it pretty hard. Now, I pull it in if I'm leaving the property for any length of time at all. I do have more peace of mind that way.

ken56
05-13-2018, 11:48 AM
That's our rule #1. When we leave the awning comes in and roof vents get closed along with shutting off the campground water supply.