PDA

View Full Version : water heater not working in my 2012 hideout

danamyles
05-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Hi, I have a 2012 hideout bhs. Last year my water heater stopped working and started again on its own and had no issues until now. the water heats on propane but not on electrical. we bought a new element today still nothing. we have reset it still nothing. any help would be great this is our first camper so we are having some trouble. TIA

chuckster57
05-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

It would be a great help if we knew brand/model of the water heater.

danamyles
05-11-2018, 02:08 AM
Suburban it says on manual

Port List
05-15-2018, 07:24 AM
Don't forget to check that little black manual switch inside the heating unit, near the electrical element. Drove me nuts one night until I woke up and remembered it.

danamyles
05-17-2018, 03:41 AM
My husband checked power with a meter and it’s only showing 6 he says it should be 120 ? We replaced the element should we replace the thermostats ?

flybouy
05-17-2018, 05:20 AM
My husband checked power with a meter and it’s only showing 6 he says it should be 120 ? We replaced the element should we replace the thermostats ?

If you give more detail it will help those that want to help you out. Where did he check the power? There is a rubber cover with reset buttons underneath. One button is for propane operation and one is for electrical operation. Check your owners manual on which side is which as memory ain't that good, but I believe the one on the right is the electric heating element reset. Mine went bad 2 years ago and it's an easy, inexpensive fix if your comfortable with simple electrical repairs.