PDA

View Full Version : Lippert 6 point Hyd Auto Level Info

ChuckS
05-08-2018, 07:21 AM
After 4 years of flawless operation my auto level started failing during level and would get low voltage error and could hear solenoid mounted on hyd pump motor chatter...

Spoke with Tech at Lippert and he steered me right to the overall cause...

Intermittent signal from control module mounted inside front cargo bay to solenoid on pump motor

Tested green and yellow wires during auto level sequence monitoring DC voltage. Must stay at least 12 volts. Mine was dropping down to 10 intermittently.

House batteries at 13 plus volts and shore power plugged in

Reseated control module red wire and verified over 13 volts on this wire... it provides DC power to module directly from battery

Reseated six wire connector that had yellow , green, white wires ... these provide extend, retract , and ground to and from solenoid mounted on pump motor

Also reseated spade connections to electric solenoid check valves to front, led and etc side gear valves

So far getting 13.6 at solenoid now for extend and retract signals.

There were no obvious signs of corrosion, etc but something was dropping voltage.

Note.... hydraulic slides worked fine since they have separate extend and retract signal wires connected to same two spade leads on the solenoid.

Might be useful for someone

Also highly recommend using Lippert App and live chat mode.. very quick response

Last pic is a piece of the live chat16339

Tbos
05-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Is the chat on the web page or is it an app? If it’s an app, what’s the name? Thanks

Racebug
05-09-2018, 11:29 AM
I know if its real cold out mine will shut down (due to voltage drop). I always figured the oil was cold/thick and producing a higher load on the pump.