PDA

View Full Version : New Truck Hooked up

Bisjoe
05-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Today I set up the trailer on the new truck to get the electronics set up. First, the pro trailer backup assist is overrated. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way when we got back home. When you are blocking the road backing into the driveway, there isn’t much time for this:

Press the assist button
Select which trailer (though only one is entered)
Wait for the camera to find the sticker
Put it in reverse and turn the knob

I do like the way the truck records the miles driven with the trailer, and the graphic display showing the trailer brakes when applied.

For those more experienced, does the relationship angles between the truck and trailer look right? Keep in mind that the driveway is gently sloped and steeper under where the middle of the truck is. I drove it to a nearby level School parking lot to set up the WD hitch.

cabldawg
05-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Looks good from that view to me considering the slope in the driveway. Did you take wheel well measurements before and after?
I have no experience with the other topic.

Bisjoe
05-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes, and it was a bit more than the recommended half inch difference, but not much.

cabldawg
05-06-2018, 02:58 PM
You should be good to go. How's it steer?

Bisjoe
05-06-2018, 05:20 PM
You should be good to go. How's it steer?

Great. We didn’t go too far but lots of windy local roads and hills, even did a Uturn a block from my house at a cross street, and was amazed that it did that.

cabldawg
05-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Roll with it. Retorque your hardware after 100 miles or so and check them periodically. Now go enjoy your camper!

sourdough
05-06-2018, 06:39 PM
I think you look good accounting for the roll in the parking spot. Mine runs almost level to about an 1" low depending on how I load and I'm good with that. You can't tell the difference.