PDA

View Full Version : Glowstep Revolution for my Bullet

mightybk
05-05-2018, 04:31 PM
I decided to spend some money on upgrading the steps on my 2015 272BHS. I was originally going to get the SolidStep, but did some research and got the Torklift Glowstep instead.

Installation was a breeze! So much better than the stock LCI steps.

Dave W
05-06-2018, 04:05 AM
Great addition.

I suggest that you get a Stromberg Carlson Lend-A-Hand Extended Assist Rail to finish it off for added safety:

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-AM-533-Extended-Assist/dp/B0719PT8N1

This price is about as low as I've seen it but being Amazon, will change. I paid $42 with them usually over $50

PJC
05-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Does it bolt to the bracket that is already there? Looks like a huge upgrade.

Dave W
05-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Does it bolt to the bracket that is already there? Looks like a huge upgrade.

Assuming you have a 'standard' swinging RV entry grab bar all you do is unscrew the old one and screw the new on - 10 minute job, using the same holes. Took me longer to find my cordless screwdriver then to do the change out on a 10 degree day. That bar is a LOT less expensive then what Tork-Lift want for theirs plus, IMO, more convenient

PJC
05-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes. Have a Passport 2400bh. I looked it up and it should fit fine. Going to order. Thanks for posting.

BigTexRex
05-07-2018, 06:41 PM
So what did your research show that the Glowstep was better than the SolidStep?

flybouy
05-08-2018, 04:57 AM
Can list what was better about the replacement over the original steps?

busterbrown
05-08-2018, 05:16 AM
Can list what was better about the replacement over the original steps?

Much less bounce and movement as people enter and exit the coach. These new steps have contact "feet" planted on the ground. Both the hinged Solid steps and fold up Glowsteps offer the same experience. The Solid step makes a huge difference over the traditional mounted fold out steps; the RV show proved that for me.

mightybk
05-08-2018, 07:31 AM
So what did your research show that the Glowstep was better than the SolidStep?Ease of installation. The Glowstep is a direct swap for the LCI steps. Remove 4 bolts, take out the old steps, put the new ones in with 4 bolts. Done.

The SolidStep requires 12 screws/bolts thru your floor to install.

Dave W
05-08-2018, 07:55 AM
The SolidStep requires 12 screws/bolts thru your floor to install.

.....whuch take <15 minutes to accomplish.

Solidstep/Step Above .. Center in doorway +/-1/8". drive 2 long screws in the ends, then drive in the rest.

If I had any complaint, the supplied fasteners, IMHO, are 2 screw diameter sizes too small. I replaced mine with that larger size for a couple bucks which added 4-5 minutes a few weeks later.

Whichever stye someone chooses is one heckuva lot better then the original 'springboard' steps - but don't ever believe that any are difficult to install.