PDA

View Full Version : Towing with weight distribution hitch

wiredgeorge
05-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Interesting video. Especially for single axle light weight trailers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVg8QgIFJoU

buvens
05-03-2018, 08:30 AM
That's interesting.

I was looking at my trailer and see where if you have a flat on one wheel, it really overloads the other wheel, tire and axle assembly till you can stop and replace the blown tire. May be why I have seen trailers with both tires blown on the side of the road.

sourdough
05-03-2018, 09:46 AM
This is a good video for folks that don't understand what a wdh does. It's also the reason I have repeatedly said you need to have tires on the trailer that will support more than the gvw.....not gvw minus tongue weight. The axle in the video was marginal to say the least IMO.

As a side note; this just confirms that Keystone isn't the only manufacturer that equips trailers a little light at times....this one was from Prime Time.

FlyingAroundRV
05-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Funny, but I just watched that video myself yesterday and was going to post a link to it here. I hadn't really thought through the distribution aspect of WDH. I see now that even the stuff you carry in the back of the TV can overload your TT with a WDH!!!

mfifield01
05-03-2018, 11:37 AM
I just watched this and then referenced my CAT scale weights. I believe that what he says can be true, but it seems like a rare case. To get my weight distributed evenly, I only put 120 lbs on to the trailer axles.