PDA

View Full Version : Outback Water Heater

rush2112
05-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Have a new Outback and the Electric/Gas heaters work, but one problem we came across this weekend is when boon docking the Gas heater would work, but overnight it would at some point stop heating. No "Fault" light was lit, and the switch was still lit. When wanting to take a shower in the morning it was a shock to feel no hot water. Of course I could turn the switch off, then on again, and it would start the Gas heater again. Is this normal, or do I have an issue that needs to be looked at?

chuckster57
05-02-2018, 12:10 PM
No it’s not normal. There is an issue, once the water temp falls below a set point it should re light. Could be a few things. If it’s warranty, let the dealer do the testing. If not then post back and we can give you some direction.

wiredgeorge
05-03-2018, 05:20 AM
If the hot water heater is a Suburban, there is a thermostat for both the electric heating element and another for the propane. On my unit, they sit side by side under a black cover. There are two round cut outs with thin rubber or vinyl in the middle to reset the thermostats. My hot water heater behaved like yours is doing while on propane and I had to change the thermostat. Took about 5 minutes tops and I changed the electric element thermostat right next to it as my element was shorted and the on/off switch was fried as well. All works good now. Cost for a thermostat was under $20. I bought all my parts in a kit for about $40.