PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom remodel

bdmauger
04-30-2018, 06:11 PM
I have a 2011 24bh and am considering removing the shower to make room for a bigger vanity and storage cabinet. We don't use the shower and wonder if resale without it would matter. My question is how many people would appreciate a bigger vanity and not miss the shower?

chuckster57
04-30-2018, 06:15 PM
I would think the lose of the shower could have a huge impact on resale value. Consider someone that wants to stay somewhere there isn’t any facilities, or the facilities aren’t “up to par”?

You can always store stuff somewhere else, you can always shower somewhere else.

FlyingAroundRV
04-30-2018, 08:56 PM
If I was looking at a second hand rig and saw that kind of modification, it would raise questions in my mind what else had been modified to that extent, and why this was done.

travelin texans
04-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't give a plug nickel for a rv without a shower, but have talked to several folks that don't use theirs. Those same folks don't go #2 in the toilet either, only #1 at night. I bought one to live in & wouldn't buy a house without a shower & really enjoy the indoor plumbing. We've been to campgrounds that I wouldn't wash a dog in the showers & would rather hide behind a tree to relieve myself.