PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Payne in my A%$

DLfuzion
04-30-2018, 04:05 PM
I can't believe the only thing holding the furniture is place is a couple screws that are screwed into the floor. One side of my furniture was out of postion and I looked under it and the screws are ripped out of floor. We haven't even used this thing yet. I think my 40 lb granddaughter sat in it a cpl times.

rsv4pilot
04-30-2018, 04:24 PM
I can't believe the only thing holding the furniture is place is a couple screws that are screwed into the floor. One side of my furniture was out of postion and I looked under it and the screws are ripped out of floor. We haven't even used this thing yet. I think my 40 lb granddaughter sat in it a cpl times.

Awesome isn’t it. My screws weren’t even in straight.

FlyingAroundRV
04-30-2018, 05:52 PM
This video showed me a lot about how the RV industry works. I know it's Jayco, but it shows how the people on the assembly line have to hustle. I imagined working at the pace these folks are working at, all day every day. It's no wonder they make mistakes. Also, when you consider that today they might be making model X and tomorrow, they might be making model Y, it's easy to see where the mistakes could come from.
https://youtu.be/jXMJrRQ3SVk

notanlines
05-01-2018, 02:13 AM
What Scott said is quit true. There are many more videos online to point this out, also.

Tinner12002
05-01-2018, 02:32 AM

Crazy isn't it, but don't get discouraged. You'll find other hopefully little things that need addressed being an RV owner, some will be simple little things and others will be like, what the heck were they thinking items but I also believe the Fuzion and Raptor haulers are decently built and once you get those little items cleared up you'll have some great camping experiences.

DLfuzion
05-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Thanks, I went through the checklist I printed off here in last 2 days and everything seems to work as it should. No leaks in water system, furnace works, water pump is fine, fridge works ( just remembered I didn't check outside fridge), stove works, microwave, water tanks didn't fall through. Just need new decal put on, the furniture remounted, the hydraulic leak on one leveling pad fixed and the t handle replaced that got ripped off from wiring getting caught under slideout.

flybouy
05-03-2018, 05:43 AM
This video showed me a lot about how the RV industry works. I know it's Jayco, but it shows how the people on the assembly line have to hustle. I imagined working at the pace these folks are working at, all day every day. It's no wonder they make mistakes. Also, when you consider that today they might be making model X and tomorrow, they might be making model Y, it's easy to see where the mistakes could come from.
https://youtu.be/jXMJrRQ3SVk

And just realize that that was a sales video, not an undercover video that someone was recording. If someone wants a quality built camper than go buy an Airstream. A 20' unit runs close to $100K. Don't want to spend that kind of money? then you get's what you paid for. You can't buy a Chevy and expect the quality of a Mercedes.

MattE303
05-03-2018, 03:26 PM
And just realize that that was a sales video, not an undercover video that someone was recording. If someone wants a quality built camper than go buy an Airstream. A 20' unit runs close to $100K. Don't want to spend that kind of money? then you get's what you paid for. You can't buy a Chevy and expect the quality of a Mercedes.So you feel that the build quality of the typical RV is equivalent to a typical passenger car/truck? I don't. We've never bought anything as pricey as a Mercedes/BMW/Porsche/etc. but we have owned a couple of Hyundai's, a Toyota, and two Ford trucks over the years, and I would be thrilled if the build quality of our $60K toy hauler was as good as any of those relatively modest cars/trucks. JMHO.

mikz86ta
05-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Yup, mine were half or completely out. I ended up moving the couch sections more forward away from the wall. The stock position when reclined, the headrest was rubbing the wall quite hard. I got mine even and used better fasteners.
I already had to replace 1 D-ring pull handle. Pretty cheap item I found on eBay and easy to install.

I do like how modular these couches are. Mine is 4 sections hooked I to 1 long couch. But I could make it 3 and buy end tables, or they make center arm rest to go between each section if I make it 3 or 2 price. And honestly, they are very comfortable. Hope they hold up! I slept on them as a recliner and across the whole thing before. Not bad