PDA

View Full Version : Slide question for newbie.

AbHDToyHauler
04-30-2018, 07:29 AM
So my wife and purchased our used toy hauler and are quite happy and excited about it and ready to get heading out. In the process of using the slides I noticed that they seem to slide out unevenly. The bottom slides out about 3 or 4 inches ahead of the tops. I was worried something was wrong so I stopped the process. However others I asked said that it was normal as they push from the bottom. It seems to be ok (no binding) and they did slide out and seat again walls properly but just checking with the experts. We have never had a fifth wheel or a trailer with slides so just being careful. The kitchen slides are both hydraulic and bedroom is electric. Thanks for feed back.

Pull Toy
04-30-2018, 02:06 PM
My Alpine slides always start bottom first... I think it's part of the waterproof slider seal process, as the slides tip last, in when retracted.

Good Luck,

ChuckS
04-30-2018, 02:35 PM
Normal operation if those are hydraulic slides. Keep each slide gearbox assembly cleaned and lubed with dry graphite spray and and a few drops of synthetic oil applied to the gear spline roller cog

AbHDToyHauler
05-01-2018, 08:38 AM
My Alpine slides always start bottom first... I think it's part of the waterproof slider seal process, as the slides tip last, in when retracted.

Good Luck,
Thanks for the feedback. That makes me feel alot better. Happy Camping:)

AbHDToyHauler
05-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Normal operation if those are hydraulic slides. Keep each slide gearbox assembly cleaned and lubed with dry graphite spray and and a few drops of synthetic oil applied to the gear spline roller cog

Thanks for the good information. Happy Camping :)