PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic oil on leveling pad

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Just bought my 2018 fusion in February, took it storage yard and it's been there for about a month. I picked it up today to take it to dealer to fix a decal and a T-handle that got ripped off, and I find Hydraulic oil leaked all down one of the leveling posts and on pad. I didn't check for lose connections yet, are these prone to leaking fluid?

Kansas Gary
04-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Better have your dealer take a look at that leak also... The system is not suppose to leak at all.....

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 05:37 PM
I feel stupid now, I just read this PDI list of things to go over before you take delivery of RV. I'm going to go over it now in my driveway and hopefully the dealer will address anything I find now. They didn't have my propane tanks filled or have water hooked up to it when they went over it with me.

chuckster57
04-29-2018, 05:43 PM
No propane? Ask them how they did a manometer (leak down) test. How did they test all the LP appliances?

Personally I would make them show me everything works. Your leak could be a loose line or fitting. Could be a failed seal. Don’t clean it, that way the tech can hopefully figure out where to start his/her search.

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 05:50 PM
I'm not touching it. I'm going through the list right now highlighting everything I need to check myself before Wednesday when I bring it to dealer for service. I'm going to ask that they fill my propane tanks as they should have before I picked it up and show me appliances work. I'm a dumb A## for driving away with it.

chuckster57
04-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Not a dumb a$$, more than likely a bit excited.

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 05:58 PM
I did take notes on things that they did show me. : )

ChuckS
04-30-2018, 08:08 AM
Something that works well too when buying and picking up is use cell phone and video important items they are demoing to you. Good reference for later on. And yep I’d like to know how they tested and verified anything with no propane and no water

AbHDToyHauler
04-30-2018, 08:48 AM
Yup. Good point on the videoing the walk through. Usually they guy is talking about new truck features and my brain is going "Gimme the keys" "Gimme the keys" etc etc etc til i get to go. hahahaha

Pull Toy
04-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Had a PDI problem when I picked up our 2013 (New)... "O" rings were crushed, replaced by dealer!

Good Luck!

Kzneft
06-01-2018, 06:54 PM
One of my hydraulic jacks were leaking at the bottom. Thought it was the hoses going into the top but they were tight. Must have a bad seal on the bottom. Anyway mine was under warranty so I just called the dealer and asked them to order another one. They got it in and I changed it myself. Easy to do. Too much hassle to take it back to the dealer for them to do it. If you do get another one don't forget to take out the inlet fittings on the old jack because the new ones don't come with them. In talking to the dealer it is common for them to leak.

travelin texans
06-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Next time wipe them off, spray with a silicone spray, & run the jacks in/out. If they sit for long periods it's recommended to wipe them down & spray with silicone once a week & to operate occasionally to keep the seals lubes. I've had different ones on mine leak & this has cured the problem. I've also done some investigation with the leaking jacks, once your warranty expires & they leak the new jack is $500+ but at your local hydraulic shop they can rebuild them for $100+.

Tinner12002
06-02-2018, 03:13 AM
Next time wipe them off, spray with a silicone spray, & run the jacks in/out. If they sit for long periods it's recommended to wipe them down & spray with silicone once a week & to operate occasionally to keep the seals lubes. I've had different ones on mine leak & this has cured the problem. I've also done some investigation with the leaking jacks, once your warranty expires & they leak the new jack is $500+ but at your local hydraulic shop they can rebuild them for $100+.

Interesting, I have one on the front of mine leaking a little so I'll try the spray and see how that works! Contacted dealer and he said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to let him know.

JRTJH
06-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Interesting, I have one on the front of mine leaking a little so I'll try the spray and see how that works! Contacted dealer and he said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to let him know.

If you don't have a local hydraulic shop, almost any tractor service center (think Kubota or John Deere dealers) has the capability to repair almost any hydraulic ram and most hydraulic pumps/accumulators. Most don't have parking space for large rigs, but if you can remove the component, most will be happy to replace seals/O-rings for you. Call first to be sure they aren't swamped with farmer's equipment awaiting repair during harvest or planting season !!!!!