PDA

View Full Version : Electric lift/leveling system

Slagter22
04-29-2018, 11:24 AM
I have a 2018 Keystone Hideout 5th wheel. I was using the front electronic leveling jacks and they stopped working. Seems like a blown fuse the way they quit but the panel fuses are all good. Anyone have a suggestion?

ctbruce
04-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Are you they are lift Jack's and not just stabilizer Jack's? A picture would help. Is there no power at all to them?

JRTJH
04-29-2018, 05:12 PM
From what you describe , it sounds like the landing gear motor fuse has blown.

Now, to try to explain to you where you'll find that fuse. It's NOT in the fuse panel, it's in the wiring loom at the front of the trailer. If you open the front compartment, stick your head inside, turn around and look up, on the front bulkhead, near the center (side to side) you'll find a wiring loom. In that loom is a "in line fuse holder" with either a 20 amp or a 30 amp fuse. Replace that fuse and you'll be back in business.

It will likely be "well hidden inside that wiring loom" and difficult to find. Here's what you'll be looking for:

Slagter22
04-29-2018, 05:34 PM
I’m not near the camper as it’s in a seasonal spot. It’s not the stabilizer jacks in the back. It’s the main levelers in the front of the unit that you would use to remove it from the hitch. I was running them and the switch just went dead. Any suggestions would be welcome!!!

Slagter22
04-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Rockstar!!!!! I’ll give that a look.

jsmith948
04-30-2018, 05:32 AM
On our LCI Ground Control 3.0 system, there is a 35 amp Maxi Fuse for each of the four jacks. The fuses are located in the control module that is located on the ceiling of the front compartment. Just something else to check. If both of the front legs are inop then it is probably a fuse or thermal breaker upstream of the referenced module.

Slagter22
04-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Thank you!!!! There was a 30amp in line fuse covered in a casing. Found it and fixed it. Thank you for the response.

Slagter22
04-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Worked like a charm!! Thank you!