PDA

View Full Version : List of “must have” items?

jodipitbull
04-29-2018, 05:35 AM
Hi, I am guessing the veteran campers have quite a collection of items they have purchased or needed over the years. Has anyone started a list at this forum? If not, what are the items you have found to be essential to happy camping? I am looking to stock up for our maiden voyage in a couple weeks. Thanks!

MarcS
04-29-2018, 06:12 AM
A good EMS. A clear elbow for dumping tanks. There is a lot of stuff out there. Most of all patience. Relax. Don't sweat the small stuff.

TLB
04-29-2018, 06:21 AM
No matter how well you plan you will leave home without something. I always like to search the area we are going to for available nearby stores just incase we forgot something.

Relax and enjoy.

JRTJH
04-29-2018, 06:31 AM
In Michigan there's a statement that goes: You're never more than 5 miles from a body of water.

In camping (RVing) there should be a statement that goes: You're never more than 5 miles from a "local WalMart". It seems that when we're setting up camp, we often refer to "what we should have stopped for on the way here"....

captcolour
04-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Check here:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9915

TLB
04-29-2018, 10:00 AM
In Michigan there's a statement that goes: You're never more than 5 miles from a body of water.

In camping (RVing) there should be a statement that goes: You're never more than 5 miles from a "local WalMart".

This is true.

maccam1
04-29-2018, 03:29 PM
I've created a list and print out each time before packing.it includes all the basics,such as food,paper products,toiletries, dog items,towels, sheets,etc,oh also beer.
This is very helpful,in saving a trip to walmart(now there's a dollar general)down the road from every campground.as far as,leveling,tank draining items,etc,there always in the trailers,with separate totes for all

sourdough
04-29-2018, 03:37 PM
I've created a list and print out each time before packing.it includes all the basics,such as food,paper products,toiletries, dog items,towels, sheets,etc,oh also beer.
This is very helpful,in saving a trip to walmart(now there's a dollar general)down the road from every campground.as far as,leveling,tank draining items,etc,there always in the trailers,with separate totes for all

This is a very good idea for folks that may not do it. We've done it for quite some time. I have lists for weekend trips; week or 2 trips and the longer months long trips. It really speeds up the getting ready part and takes most of the stress away from worrying about what you're forgetting.....because we know we will if we don't have a list:banghead:

travelin texans
04-29-2018, 04:04 PM
#1 on the most have list should be a surge protector/EMS, pricey but not compared to several of the appliances in the rv.
#2 is an adjustable water pressure regulator shown here
not the cheapo "restrictor" they may have given you with the rv purchase

LuvsPalmTrees
05-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Kinda think about what you use at home then take 1/2 of it. But, it really depends on how long you are going to be gone. I am lucky and I can store my TT in my backyard so I can leave a lot of stuff in it for the season. I get the essential can goods, noodles, paper products (don't forget TP), toiletries, towels (kitchen and bathroom), BEER and WINE. Besides the beer and wine I can leave it in the trailer for the season. Then I just make the list and fill in the blanks as the season goes. You will over pack for the first trip and then decide on what you really need and adjust. It is kinda a personal thing. I think I have things in my trailer that the average person would not need and vice versa. Just remember to have fun, go to the store if you need to and make a running list of what you want and need to have. We have been camping for over 30 years and sometimes we still forget things. Enjoy your maiden voyage. Have fun! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Alpine
05-01-2018, 08:21 AM
50amp or 30amp depending on your RV.

Freeheel4life
05-01-2018, 09:03 AM
You probably have it all somewhere in your tow vehicle, but they are always buried and hard to remove and even harder to get them back in the way they came out.....
A jack and necessary tools to change a tire. I keep a bottle jack and the other essentials separate in the tool kit so that IF you have to change a tire you don't have to disassemble the crummy kit your truck has stored somewhere in its magic hiding spot.

Bisjoe
05-01-2018, 09:40 AM
You probably have it all somewhere in your tow vehicle, but they are always buried and hard to remove and even harder to get them back in the way they came out.....
A jack and necessary tools to change a tire. I keep a bottle jack and the other essentials separate in the tool kit so that IF you have to change a tire you don't have to disassemble the crummy kit your truck has stored somewhere in its magic hiding spot.
I have a torque wrench for the lug nuts in the toolbox that I carry along with the bottle-jack, and several wood blocks. We are heading out the weekend after next, and found that camping in the driveway (or side lawn in our case)
for a day helps identify forgotten items.

wiredgeorge
05-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Here is my list:
1. RV Toilet Paper
2. Rest of the stuff, you can wing it!