PDA

View Full Version : New From Oregon

mcomeaux
04-27-2018, 08:32 PM
New on the forum and seeking advice on what to look for on a new purchase to me is a 2017 Fuzion 40' 384 used unit. I found the PDI list on forum and plan on using that on inspection. Any recalls besides the rear ramp door hinges to look at? I'll be looking at the forum before my departure in the morning and if anyone has anything to add I'd appreciate it. My purchase is tomorrow...
Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Mike

ctbruce
04-28-2018, 04:44 AM
Take your time and ask lots of questions. If there is something particularly complicated you can use your phone to tape it. Congrats.

chuckster57
04-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your purchase. As stated, take your time. I am on too many videos from customers to remember, if only I could charge an “appearance” fee LOL!!! Lots of great people and loads of good information here.

mcomeaux
04-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Well did not go well. Did not make it off the lot due to many issue's...
Dealer was nice enough to squash the deal at my insistence. Not sure where to go from here. I question quality here in a big way...I did get a fifth wheel mounted in truck and air bags....we'll see where it goes now...

chuckster57
04-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Sorry it went south. Don’t be discouraged, how well (poor) the previous owner treated the unit will show up at PDI. I have no idea how in depth the dealer went and if they addressed all the issues that arose. I would continue the search, and stick to your standards of acceptance. You will find one. Know that ALL brands NEW and USED will have some issues, it’s how the dealers addresses those issues that can make/break the deal.

Owl
04-28-2018, 07:53 PM
Welcome from down the road. Don’t give up. It took us several dealerships and looking at over 50 RVs to find the right one and it still was a compromise. We had good service at River City over in Grants Pass.

NorskeBob
04-29-2018, 04:00 AM
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY - PDI's really help to ensure you get what you need and want.

5J's
04-29-2018, 05:04 AM
As chuckster said, don't get discouraged. You made the right decision. There are plenty others out there, if you don't love it on the lot you're not going to love it in the CG. Good luck with your search. This is a great place to find information. BTW, Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.

Tinner12002
04-29-2018, 05:11 AM
There's plenty more toy haulers out there to choose from so don't get discouraged and welcome to the forum!

MarcS
04-29-2018, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan! As others have said, don't get discouraged. The right one will show up soon enough! All the dealers around here can't wait to move units off their lots! Once you find one, it will be happy camping for you!

mcomeaux
04-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Update found a new 2017 Fuzion 345 on dealer lot and will complete purchase Wed. Can't wait to hit road in this unit. We lived in our Airstream last winter in Arizona so it did not take much encouragement to move the wife on this purchase...Asked salesman where to store septic hose and he suggested putting in tub and store in basement...I'll be buying a tube and mount underneath in some location not sure till I get it. Thanks for the positive inputs here...

Regards

Mike

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Glad you found something, it's brand new so nothing to fix...Yet!! I bought brand new 2018 fusion and have 3 things to have fixed before I even use it. Hope yours has no issues. Good idea to mount a tube under the unit to store septic hose in, I never thought of that.

ctbruce
04-29-2018, 04:56 PM
Dont just buy a tube of you go that route. The fixtures on the ends do not fit in all the tubes. If you decide to make your own, there are lots of discussions on here. Do a search for fence post sewer you'll find lots.

chuckster57
04-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Dont just buy a tube of you go that route. The fixtures on the ends do not fit in all the tubes. If you decide to make your own, there are lots of discussions on here. Do a search for fence post sewer you'll find lots.

We went with a laundry basket, lined it with a 50gal garbage bag. Keep it in the front basement.

mcomeaux
04-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Found a Valterra tube on Amazon should work fine....

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Attach the link from Amazon for it please.

mcomeaux
04-29-2018, 08:18 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A04-0155XBK-Black-Hose-Carrier/dp/B008OSLU2M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1525061835&sr=8-2&keywords=rv+sewer+hose+storage&dpID=31IkM0taMkL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

ctbruce
04-30-2018, 04:00 AM
There were not a lot of reviews on that tube. The diameter is 4.36 inches so make sure your hose will fit with the fittings. The question was asked if the fittings would fit and no one could give an answer. Also note the 94 inch length is fixed. Make sure you have something to attach the center mounts to. Just some thoughts.

Chief Mole
05-01-2018, 05:28 AM
Welcome from the Midlands of South Carolina! :camping:

DocWMB
05-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Here's my sewer hose storage solution. Pics with post #95, page 10 in "What did you do to your RV today?"

After much research here and at Lowe's, I decided to upgrade my sewer hose storage to the standards I've seen posted here. 5" PVC Fence Post with PVC Rain gutter to slide inside. Did some modifications to the rain gutter to allow it to expand or contract from 5 to 10 feet long, to use as hose support when needed. Mounted the post behind the front jacks with hose clamps around the upper part of the jack, and several sheet metal screws into the edges of the post. Seems to work pretty well, with storage for 2 Camco 10 foot hoses, my clear 45 deg connector, and the terminal connector for the sewer.

Tinner12002
05-06-2018, 03:32 AM
Congrats on your new RV. As for your tube for hose, what others have talked about is the elbow on the discharge end of your hose possibly not fitting inside the 4" tube. For now, I just store mine in a tote.
You might also check out some of these, some are a little pricey but look like great setups.
http://drainmaster.com/rv/products/mini-view11

Sherwolfe
05-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum. Glad you were finally able to get what you wanted, Enjoy !!!!