PDA

View Full Version : Stereo L/R Speakers

DarnDog
04-27-2018, 07:08 PM
I'm a proud owner of a new, Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1800RB. This is my first trailer and I have yet to commence on the maiden voyage.

I have a Furrion Stereo and the L/R doesn't work as expected.
Inside speakers are strictly the "Right" channel.
Outside speakers are strictly the "Left" channel.
The inside/outside/both selector switch works fine.
I can turn both indoor speakers off by simply adjusting the L/R balance. Same thing with outdoor speakers.

The dealer replaced the inside/outside/both selector switch and said that's the way the radio operates. "Just Keystone being cheap" they tell me. This is after I waited 4-1/2 hours for them to troubleshoot it.

I grew up in the 70's with hotrods and loud music. I know enough about stereo systems and this isn't right! (huh, I even had a Pioneer Supertuner under-dash unit back in the day!)

Can anyone else confirm their L/R feature works correctly? (or doesn't?)

sourdough
04-27-2018, 07:27 PM
I was an audiophile in the late 60s/70s and even today with my receivers/surround etc. The RV system is different. I replaced the speakers but mine has the Jensen 3 zone head that works fine on some things and not so much on others. When I replaced the speakers I pulled the head to try to figure out what they did....after about an hour of wire tracing I put them all back. I could not ascertain the reasoning or madness and....I can blow us out if I want, which I don't (to these aged ears) so it is no longer on my radar. An RV, unless in a remote area where you are alone, is not the place to "crank it up".

DarnDog
04-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Sourdough! Please understand my intent is not to crank it up; My taste in music has become much more refined and I probably won't even use the radio. Nonetheless it drives me nuts that it just doesn't work right on a brand-new trailer.

sourdough
04-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Yes, we don't use the radio at all. I use the speakers to augment the TV and the BluRay/CD player. Strangely, when using the built in Jensen head for radio or CD all 4 speakers in the living area work and the controls work properly. As soon as I go to the TV, or BluRay, which we use predominantly, I lose 2 speakers. It was more than I wanted to mess with since the volume was more than we needed anyway with the new speakers. My L/R works but the fade just turns them off when you change F/R. The daisy chaining they did would require me to pull down the ceiling to trace wires to figure out....:banghead: Good luck on figuring yours out.

WNY Bullet
04-28-2018, 02:04 AM
I'm a proud owner of a new, Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1800RB. This is my first trailer and I have yet to commence on the maiden voyage.

I have a Furrion Stereo and the L/R doesn't work as expected.
Inside speakers are strictly the "Right" channel.
Outside speakers are strictly the "Left" channel.
The inside/outside/both selector switch works fine.
I can turn both indoor speakers off by simply adjusting the L/R balance. Same thing with outdoor speakers.

The dealer replaced the inside/outside/both selector switch and said that's the way the radio operates. "Just Keystone being cheap" they tell me. This is after I waited 4-1/2 hours for them to troubleshoot it.

I grew up in the 70's with hotrods and loud music. I know enough about stereo systems and this isn't right! (huh, I even had a Pioneer Supertuner under-dash unit back in the day!)

Can anyone else confirm their L/R feature works correctly? (or doesn't?)

What model Furrion radio is it?

According to Furrions 3100 radio, channel A should be both left and right. Pull the radio and check the wiring.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/we632TOhUOmpuPrVhr02MtlUe-vEhGQdyYO_I6IFbM_t9H5Km_fGmG5zzAtkKje6Gzh3vCpP9lLs _PAZvkgmXav2pUrVU2HsSgviK2cO5AvqEVRUJmVaapCJVLEIh4 fN_ServPeOiZZQIDInLI_wePKw4c3JnmnBIjqffqnyS3M2XusF WmBZiau3sBzCiFk5dZu5tG1v2tc_RDGC19DPAoltSXFf6FmT7h LUBY_OAfPSKO2CvEhmmVTAJjTjZ6_ymzvbkG6hY5ZQFBjp5M00 xlJUSJroCzMHCPL76x_lT_wpfliVAUlK-K2RoFYJGi8TIQO62A6mwPV98R2UGapFRLjkAiSF9gxEamXCs_7 rPxDQ6PYPr-dEZybrsTtmK16ywWw0uJfFwYF7NDELqhlqcsv8cn26Ya66w9eN pfZipuy533hZ0R0ECXR3k7WQ3DkCEXuXfVmNwkfbaIEnAzmKwi CEPGjq561zES31nGRZTvJQsfGZHO0b1KlBQI-nZ99UhO4rRFcVCUEnk7rsSklbr_qeuy3qMPB9GD5zL9zKHEAtR OmhwMJOH5FUGTVzPbzxJn_BVNG_jXmxS6HjGModjSbXfPP1Yq5 ISUe6gJ0=w1812-h1150-no

DarnDog
04-29-2018, 01:38 PM
WNY Bullet, could you please re-post that schematic? For some reason it's no longer showing up.
My radio is a Furrion DV7100. The selector switch is American Technology Components AP-SEL-031. I cannot find anything online for the switch.
Thanks!

DarnDog
04-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone... I got it. They had the wires all messed up. Took about an hour and some good troubleshooting but I got it. Sounds 1000% better and works the way I'd expect. Thanks for everyone's input.

chuckster57
04-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Glad to hear you got it. For 2 years, every trailer we got from the factory in a certain brand was like yours. We almost dropped them and that was ONE of the many reasons. It’s a PITA to identify the wires and then rewire them correctly.

You done good :thumbsup:

WNY Bullet
04-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone... I got it. They had the wires all messed up. Took about an hour and some good troubleshooting but I got it. Sounds 1000% better and works the way I'd expect. Thanks for everyone's input.

I'm glad you figured it out!