PDA

View Full Version : Decorative back splash by stove ?

Glenda Clark
04-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Is there a keystone Web site to order more matching back splash around your propane Stove ? Mine is only on the back of the propane stove. It really needs some down the wall on the right side.
Any suggestions you guys ?

JRTJH
04-27-2018, 05:18 PM
http://www.trekwood.com/

Look it up by year, brand and model. If you're unsure, give them a call. The number is in the "contact us" section of their website.

Glenda Clark
04-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Thank you John. Appreciate info. Will get a hold of them on monday.

busterbrown
04-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Just a thought, if your back splash is anything like this:

...see if you're able to remove the OEM backsplash material. If so, you may want to take a ride up to your local big box home improvement store and seek out some stick on tiles that will work for the area around your stove.

The reason: pricing. Trekwood will probably have what you're looking for but you'll end up paying for it. This (http://www.trekwood.com/products/698238/Countertop-Backsplash-16-x-22-M1121) is what I found on their website. You're looking at a cost of $90-$100 shipped for one sheet of backsplash that's 22x16 inches. I guarantee that you can find a favorable style and color locally and be well under that pricing after you tile both the front and side of the stove. You could even tile the small wall adjacent to the bathroom sink at the same time. This (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=204592&postcount=2) is what I did.

The stick on vinyl tiles are very forgiving and will mask any imperfection on the wall surface. Here's just one example at Lowes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Elida-Ceramica-Oasis-Silver-Mix-Linear-Mosaic-Glass-And-Metal-Wall-Tile-Common-12-in-x-12-in-Actual-11-81-in-x-11-81-in/1000298799

Good luck.

Glenda Clark
04-28-2018, 05:07 AM
You have the exact picture of my tile. Correct me if I'm wrong , it's called Gun Metal.

I really like it , and wanted more on right side of stove.
But not at that price you mentioned. Wow , $100.00 approx is insane.
And for 1 sheet is even worse.

Could I use regular ceramic tiles ? But those need a different heavy ceramic paste on the back. Don't want to make a mess on wall.
Need something stick on.

Home Depot didn't have anything thing even close.
No Lowe's stores within 135 miles. Might have to do some more looking to see if I can come up with something real close.

Thank you for your information and Help . BusterBrown.

jsmith948
04-28-2018, 05:58 AM
We are in the process of applying "peel and stick" tiles to the area around the bathroom sink. The DW found a a vinyl "glass & stone" pattern that she likes at Lowe's. Perhaps you can order them directly online. The tiles are called "Designer Series - Peel & Stick Mosaics" and are distributed by Surfaces Southeast, Inc. - 3009 NW 75th Ave, Miami, FL. The tiles are made in the USA and seem to stick well.
We also found some metallic self-stick tiles in a brushed stainless finish at Home Depot. These are called "Speedtiles" from an outfit called "Inoxia"
These tiles are made in China but seem to be of good quality and they stuck well to the vinyl wall covering behind her stove. Good luck.

travelin texans
04-28-2018, 11:09 AM
If there's a Home Depot nearby, order online & it can be shipped to you, usually with shipping cost or to your store, usually no shipping.
Same with Lowe's, shipped to you.

Glenda Clark
04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Went to Home Depot on Friday. They didn't have anything even remotely close. Just might end up leaving the right side wall bare. And make sure nothing gets on it when I cook.
Unless Rv dealer could order an exact match. As long as it's not an absurd charge.

Thank you for all the replies.

craftguy
04-29-2018, 07:01 AM
Just a thought, if your back splash is anything like this:

...see if you're able to remove the OEM backsplash material. If so, you may want to take a ride up to your local big box home improvement store and seek out some stick on tiles that will work for the area around your stove.

The reason: pricing. Trekwood will probably have what you're looking for but you'll end up paying for it. This (http://www.trekwood.com/products/698238/Countertop-Backsplash-16-x-22-M1121) is what I found on their website. You're looking at a cost of $90-$100 shipped for one sheet of backsplash that's 22x16 inches. I guarantee that you can find a favorable style and color locally and be well under that pricing after you tile both the front and side of the stove. You could even tile the small wall adjacent to the bathroom sink at the same time. This (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=204592&postcount=2) is what I did.

The stick on vinyl tiles are very forgiving and will mask any imperfection on the wall surface. Here's just one example at Lowes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Elida-Ceramica-Oasis-Silver-Mix-Linear-Mosaic-Glass-And-Metal-Wall-Tile-Common-12-in-x-12-in-Actual-11-81-in-x-11-81-in/1000298799

Good luck.

I'll second the above information. We did it on Cougar we had and loved the look. Used vinyl stick on and was easy.

Glenda Clark
04-29-2018, 07:10 AM
I am very pleased with what's on the back splash now.
I Don't want to remove it.
What else could be used on right side of stove ?
Sticky only ?
Don't want to pay $100.00 for 1 sheet. I'll figure it out.
Thankyou.

Anne3358
02-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Take a look at 'Smart Tiles'. They have their own website and can be purchase from Amazon. Smart Tile Murano (https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Tiles-Stick-Backsplash-Murano/dp/B079NN1NTZ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549241470&sr=8-4&keywords=smart+tiles+self+adhesive+wall+tiles+Mura no)

Anne3358
02-03-2019, 05:19 PM
What else could be used on right side of stove ?

Thankyou.

Hubby purchase a piece of sheet metal at a local hardware store and attached it to the side of the stove. Looks nice. Has a nice design too. We also put it on the bottom of the cabinet that is above the stove. He removed the 'pretend' stove 'vent' wasn't much of a vent. Plus it was in the way when I was cooking.

ajk170
02-03-2019, 07:58 PM
+1 on the smart tiles. I used them in the kitchen and in the bathroom of our 316RL.I created a wainscoting around the toilet (when I replaced the toilet) and bathroom sink. We did this two years ago and they still look like new and have had zero issues. I ordered them from online and I also order the trim packs as well to make it look finished. I integrated the border that goes throughout the coach. I couldn’t find a picture of the bathroom but here is the kitchen backslpash

Anne3358
02-04-2019, 10:15 AM
+1 on the smart tiles. I used them in the kitchen and in the bathroom of our 316RL.I created a wainscoting around the toilet (when I replaced the toilet) and bathroom sink. We did this two years ago and they still look like new and have had zero issues. I ordered them from online and I also order the trim packs as well to make it look finished. I integrated the border that goes throughout the coach. I couldn’t find a picture of the bathroom but here is the kitchen backslpash

Very nice. I'll post some pictures, as soon as I locate them. We did the kitchen (without the border) and the bathroom.

ajk170
02-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Anne3358- Thanks for the compliment! I hope it worked out for you and look forward to the pictures!

CrazyCain
02-04-2019, 12:48 PM
So, how well will the "stick on" tiles hold up with the fluctuating temps in the trailer, warm to cold, extreme cold and extreme hot. For lack of a better word, are they "sticky Strong"? :hide:

busterbrown
02-04-2019, 02:56 PM
So, how well will the "stick on" tiles hold up with the fluctuating temps in the trailer, warm to cold, extreme cold and extreme hot. For lack of a better word, are they "sticky Strong"? :hide:

Oh, there stick strong all right. I'd assume they permanent after application. Had ours for 3 seasons now. Even after all the cleaner and wipes applied to the tiles over this time, they still look like new and the bond is well, "bonding". None are peeling or un-glueing. I did apply a very small bead of clear sealant along the all the outside edges of the tiles. That way there would be no water penetration in the backing material when the walls are cleaned.

wiredgeorge
02-04-2019, 03:36 PM
FYI: Walmart has some of the peel and stick plastic tiles as well. Not a super great selection but neither does Home Depot. I put a new surround in my shower and needed a row of the peel and stick (about 4" worth) to cover up the area of the wall left bare with the slightly shorter surround. They are still there after a year. I used the black/white chekerboard type pattern.

ajk170
02-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Oh, there stick strong all right. I'd assume they permanent after application. Had ours for 3 seasons now. Even after all the cleaner and wipes applied to the tiles over this time, they still look like new and the bond is well, "bonding". None are peeling or un-glueing. I did apply a very small bead of clear sealant along the all the outside edges of the tiles. That way there would be no water penetration in the backing material when the walls are cleaned.

BB- I too used the silicon down at the base for the same reason. I agree that the Smart Tiles have the strongest bond I’ve ever seen for a peel and stick. They’ve survived Southeastern GA summers and winter, Orlando summer humidity and heat and now El Paso summer heat and winter “cold” and still look brand new with no issues! I’m a believer in this company! I don’t know if I’d go with anything else.