PDA

View Full Version : Generator Box

Blacktail
07-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Hello

Im new to the RV life and have a ? on making a box for my generator to quiet it down a bit. I have a inlet on one side and a hole cut out for the exhaust and was wondering if that was enough. I dont want it to over heat. The box makes a big noise reduction so i really need to make it work out.

Thanks!!!

Bob

THedges
07-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi Bob, when I made my box I made openings for the Trailer plug, access for the pull cord, I plumed the exhaust out and I installed a 12v muffin fan to help remove the heat. With all that there is still quite a bit of heat that will build up.

If I was to do it again I would have made all of the openings bigger to allow more air flow.

Here are some pictures I posted on another thread:http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2716

Blacktail
07-04-2011, 08:02 AM
that is a sweet box! I will put a fan in and see how that does.

Thanks!

antiqfreq
07-05-2011, 07:17 AM
In our low profile tool box in bed of truck we put a fan between the two gens
and also exhaust pipes on each side of the tool box at the bottom and also it is REAL hot we leave the lid open about 3 inches for more ventilation.

Jo

ksfis43
07-05-2011, 08:51 AM
In our low profile tool box in bed of truck we put a fan between the two gens
and also exhaust pipes on each side of the tool box at the bottom and also it is REAL hot we leave the lid open about 3 inches for more ventilation.

Jo

Do you have a picture of your set-up?

Blacktail
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I put a 10' fan on the exhaust side and so far it has worked great.
Bob