PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 342 (2013) Fold down Steps

AbHDToyHauler
04-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Could anyone please tell me the width of the their Fuzion 342 Steps? I have measured mine and unless i am measuring incorrectly I get 28 inches from
side to side (width) and actual treads (3) are about 26 wide . And yet i have looked a most sites and cannot find 28" wide stairs. They are virtually all listed
as 24" wide??? So if I look at where the tread part actually is (anti slip pieces) that is close to 24". So my question is , how do they measure them??? THanks for any help.

AbHDToyHauler
04-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Answered my own question. DUH ! LOL Went to a site where they had "24" steps. Yup they frame assembly measured 28" Just like mine. So there you go. LOL Why I didn't think of that before I don't know.

mikz86ta
04-26-2018, 02:25 PM
I remember trying to figure out the width for a step carpet. Was confusing. I went with the wider one they had in stock with curves front on a guess....and I guessed right. Lol. Just don't recall the actual size

AbHDToyHauler
04-27-2018, 07:35 AM
Yes very confusing but they did have actual drawing and it showed the dimensions and they worked out so they are on order. Thanks for repy.

mikz86ta
04-27-2018, 07:48 AM
Cool.
Upgrading or replacing?

I'd like to upgrade to at least hold out aluminum steps of those nice fold-into-doorway ones. Ours has the plain old black steel that rust with slightest scratch. Repainted them last year already and it's a 2016 model. I think the next year 2017 they did aluminum ones on these.

AbHDToyHauler
04-27-2018, 08:08 AM
I am replacing them with same ones. I bought the trailer used and he had cheap tire blow out ( he replaced with Sailuns) and I believe it must have bent steps slightly as they are a bear too pull out. The front ones after some lubrication are great. So i know it was used and wanting everything perfect for our first fifth wheel toy hauler I am replacing them. Have you ever tried a product called plastidip? It sprays on beautiful even if you are the worst painter (which I am) and if it gets pitted or ugly you can spray a fix right over top or just peel it all off and you are back to square one. Works amazing. Or I may try Tremclad rust paint. I agree they seem to rust easily. Otherwise I really like the steel steps. Very solid.

mikz86ta
04-27-2018, 08:44 AM
I used plasti dip before but feel it would wear off easily with foot traffic.

I used some Rust-Reformer paint by Rustoleum I think. Goes on medium thick and flat black. Used just on spots that needed it. Them went over entire steps with VHT Roll Bar Paint...its Satin Black finish and a couple cotes looms smooth. I have used VHT stuff before for automotive use and it's durable. So far heat and doesn't look worn.....we live full time a d use fronts every day.

AbHDToyHauler
04-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Okay. Thanks for info. That sounds even better. We will eventually be travellling and living in full time during winter in Arizona, once we retire . Have about a year to get things ready. Otherwise very happy with coach so far. I am just anal about things working and looking good. The big decal up top of the front cap is a bit rough but I can live with that one for now.

mikz86ta
04-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Oops, I mis-typed a bunch..�� but u figured it out.

Well congrats and hope you get to use it soon. And that front decal takes alot of abuse. Ours has some blue in it that's faded. The side decals and paint are perfect. Being a 2016, didn't take long for it to fade.