PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Trailers

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 05:14 AM
I am in the process of buying a keystone Premire 19FBPR.

Is this trailer any good ? The BBB is showing a lot of complaints.
About all keystone products.

Please help. Need opinions fast. Buyer beware issues.

Glenda

buvens
04-24-2018, 06:05 AM
I am in the process of buying a keystone Premire 19FBPR.

Is this trailer any good ? The BBB is showing a lot of complaints.
About all keystone products.

Please help. Need opinions fast. Buyer beware issues.

Glenda

We have one that was built in May of 2015. Seems to be built pretty well for a light trailer. Been kind of impressed with some of the things that come with it. Biggest thing we had to do was turn the toilet 45 degrees to have knee room.
For us after having an air stream and several motor homes it is a challenge to down size.
They are built different than the older trailers to keep them light but that was a factor as only have a 1/2 ton to pull it with.
Done a lot of mods to get it the way we want it.

Do a lot of looking. Sit on the toilet in a comfortable position on any trailer you look at. Also lay on the mattress. Ours came with a good one but you never know.
I guess the one issue I have with a lot of trailers is the roof is high to where my wife cant reach the vents to open them and the microwave and upper cabinets are high enough that she can't see or get things out of them. Not like the older trailers or our Pace Arrow's with lower cabinets.

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 06:14 AM
Thank you for your reply. Mattress is hard as a block of cement. That has to go quickly.
Just need to know if keystone is bad. BBB complaints suggest it.
Same with Crossroads. Also bad reviews.
Are they lemons to avoid. I am getting mine today.

buvens
04-24-2018, 06:23 AM
From what I read on the forums, they are probably all pretty much the same.
Seems the dealer makes the biggest difference in how things get done.
Be sure you print the Pre-delivery sheet on this site when you go.
We bought ours used so it had no warentee or anything and I have done everything on it so far.

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 06:25 AM
Thank you. Will handle that at dealership this morning.

SummitPond
04-24-2018, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum.

We bought ours in December 2014.

Other than the typical small things, we've been very happy with the trailer. We've hauled it to Maine three times so far and as far west as Denver twice.

The amount of storage (and payload) for such a small trailer is amazing. We've not seen anything else that comes close.

We ditched the factory-provided tires, have added a Progressive EMS and done a few other odds-and-ends to it (towel bars, toilet paper and paper towel holder, bed struts).

I would like a few more conveniently located 110V outlets, but we do with what was installed.

Good luck with your purchase. Check out the 19FBPR community on this forum, too.

coop
04-24-2018, 08:24 AM
We have the Keystone Cougar Xlite and have been happy with it. This is our third travel trailer and by far the best layout and quality.

Bisjoe
04-24-2018, 08:47 AM
Whatever the brand of RV (or anything else) there are going to be a certain percentage with problems. People rarely contact the BBB or other review sites to share their happiness with a product, so when you do research you will find only the bad reviews.
We are happy with our Keystone. I have only found one very minor defect. The wood panel covering the water heater bypass valve has 4 screws, but one of them missed the wood behind it. The mattress is OK for me but too hard for my wife, so we just got a foam egg crate pad and that worked.

sourdough
04-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Thank you for your reply. Mattress is hard as a block of cement. That has to go quickly.
Just need to know if keystone is bad. BBB complaints suggest it.
Same with Crossroads. Also bad reviews.
Are they lemons to avoid. I am getting mine today.

Keystone sells more units than anyone if I recall so they're doing something right. The dealership is the key as was mentioned and a thorough PDI before taking it away. As far as quality, every RV manufacturer does pretty much the same thing and they have the same issues. We are happy with ours, and our dealer.

JRTJH
04-24-2018, 10:55 AM
Glenda Clark,

You might find this old thread an interesting read: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3015&highlight=poll

It was completed in 2014, 4+ years ago, but you might consider that old saying, "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

A tad bit more than 90% of the current owners said they would buy another Keystone over the competition. That says something for customer satisfaction. Remember, there's A LOT more to satisfaction than a "trouble free trailer". Dealer support, service when you need it, parts availability, the ability to get answers to questions when you don't know where to turn and feeling that you are being "cared for" go miles further than a misaligned piece of molding...... YMMV

wiredgeorge
04-24-2018, 01:43 PM
I have a Keystone Cougar. Had a Forest River Rockwood. Before that, had a Sunnybrook. Before that a Lance... etc etc. ALL have had some small issues. All have had head scratchers where you can't figure why the heck they did things as they did. All the trailers have folks who scream their heads off when they have a problem. Most of these screamers make lists of a zillion little things... when they list things like their microwave or their refrigerator or stereo, etc. These things are made by the same couple companies. Most of the rest of the things were bought by the OEM from companies like Lippert who makes many pieces for all RVs. The quality issues that are the real complaints mostly are around the assembly, fit and finish. Most of the OEMs have a HIGH HIGH turnover in people so they get what they get as far as quality learned by on the job experience. I suggest you look up the BBB on most any of the other manufacturers or google reviews of various brands. Most of the folks who post in these areas had problem; many of which should have been caught in pre-sale inspections. The manufacturer with the best rep is Airstream. Google "AIRSTREAM complaints"; same same same as any other manufacturer but most current owners are more likely to jump up to defend the brand having spent a $100K on their rig bwhahahaha.

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Thank you for all your replies. Paper work will be done Wednesday morning , and I can take it home. So pleased with it.

Vet4jdc
04-24-2018, 04:55 PM
You're going to be happy with your Keystone Glenda. As with ALL campers, you tow it up and down the road like a house on wheels and there will be things that break. It happens to all of them, not just Keystone. If you have items that require warranty work simply take it back and have it repaired. If it's simple things like a leaking drain and you can, fix it yourself and save the hassle. After a few trips you will get the bugs worked out and you will be "a happy camper". We are on our second Keystone and WILL buy another. We have had a few problems with ours but we make the repairs and move on. I see many other camper brands with worse issues than we have had to deal with.

One more thing, if you follow this forum, you will see many complaints about the Keystone campers. It's a forum and this is where you go for help. Just remember, there are thousands of campers out there enjoying a Keystone and not writing about it here! :)

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 05:04 PM
So glad to hear the good side of keystone

Looking forward to bringing it home on Wednesday .

I realize things do pop up , I just hate to have to go thru it.

But all will be well. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate them all.

sourdough
04-24-2018, 05:16 PM
So glad to hear the good side of keystone

Looking forward to bringing it home on Wednesday .

I realize things do pop up , I just hate to have to go thru it.

But all will be well. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate them all.

Glenda, do a THOROUGH PDI before taking it away. It is probably the single most important thing you can do before leaving with it. Make them go through every system, power them up, run water, show where valves are, water pump, water heater etc. A good dealer will have already gone thru the trailer and found 90% of the stuff. A bad dealer won't do anything and let you find it then work out how to get it fixed....do it up front. There is a PDI sticky on this forum; print it and go thru it religiously so that you're not confronted with run of the mill items that so many are, that should have been fixed before you drove off. Good luck to you.

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Awesome thanks for info.

E Rod
04-24-2018, 05:19 PM
I have a 2017 Alpine 3660FL. Had a few issues when purchased but Keystone repaired every single one. Other minor repairs I've done on my own. Have been modifying it to my liking. Added more A.C. vents and return air vents for improved cooling. Added led lighting throughout and more outlets. Have added ,modified or change many things to list. I am on my 4 th Keystone and am pleased so far. I considered the Grand Design but stuck with Keystone because of past experience.

sourdough
04-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Awesome thanks for info.

Glenda, I was remiss in my last post. Here is the link to the sticky so you don't have to look around for it...sorry

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/RV_checklists/PDI_V113_2.pdf

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Did PDI this afternoon. Will do one more run thru in the morning.
Thank you for everyone's help. Greatly appreciated

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 05:30 PM
Greatly appreciate all help given.��

Glenda Clark
04-24-2018, 06:09 PM
I printed out PDI LIST. Will take it in with me tomorrow.
I didn't get the entire tour for that list. Some yes.

brad2388
04-25-2018, 03:17 AM
I have a 2017 Alpine 3660FL. Had a few issues when purchased but Keystone repaired every single one. Other minor repairs I've done on my own. Have been modifying it to my liking. Added more A.C. vents and return air vents for improved cooling. Added led lighting throughout and more outlets. Have added ,modified or change many things to list. I am on my 4 th Keystone and am pleased so far. I considered the Grand Design but stuck with Keystone because of past experience.

Where did u get power for the leds over the slide outs and under the counter?

wiredgeorge
04-25-2018, 07:09 AM
Awesome thanks for info.

Excellent points. Some of the most common questions are how to winterize your water pump, where is the hot water tank bypass, is your water heater both electric & gas and if so, where is the electric switch, how to hang a TV in the bedroom area, where the TV connections/amp are located, etc. Look through the forum for new owner questions on things that were missed in the initial inspection tour with the dealer. Questions rule on that day as it will be your only chance... do NOT depend on the booklets/manuals you are given as they generally won't answer almost any of these questions.

Glenda Clark
04-26-2018, 05:21 PM
I noticed the manuals were a bit Vague . Hopefully I'll be able to figure a lot of this out within time. Learning mode right now.

ctbruce
04-27-2018, 06:01 AM
I noticed the manuals were a bit Vague . Hopefully I'll be able to figure a lot of this out within time. Learning mode right now.We've all been where you are. We have all learned from an Elmer who invested time in us. Either in person, on this and other forums, or a combination of both.

chuckster57
04-27-2018, 06:37 AM
I noticed the manuals were a bit Vague . Hopefully I'll be able to figure a lot of this out within time. Learning mode right now.

Yes they are. You have a group of free tutors here so I’m sure you’ll be an expert in short order.

maccam1
04-29-2018, 03:53 PM
My mattress in my cougar 32rli,is very hard(different from my last trailer).ordered a 3 inch memory foam from walmart,and it makes a great difference,you'll need the firmness from the mattress,because some rv mattresses have a tendency to get real soft,and springy,was was very worth the 85.00 dollars for a king memory foam mattress topper.
Also this is my 2nd keystone I've owned,besides a coachman and jayco,had no second thoughts about buying another keystone

Glenda Clark
04-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Went out and bought a pillow top mattress. Wow , what a huge difference
Feels like sleeping on a marshmallow now.😃
The one that came with it , was horrible. Not fit for a prison cell even.

Since we're Camping , and Living in these. Go the extra mile for comfort.

I was just going to go with a Walmart memory foam. Decided to get something better.

DocP
04-29-2018, 04:13 PM
My mattress in my cougar 32rli,is very hard(different from my last trailer).ordered a 3 inch memory foam from walmart,and it makes a great difference,you'll need the firmness from the mattress,because some rv mattresses have a tendency to get real soft,and springy,was was very worth the 85.00 dollars for a king memory foam mattress topper.
Also this is my 2nd keystone I've owned,besides a coachman and jayco,had no second thoughts about buying another keystone

I just did exactly the same thing with my Cougar 32RLI! I agree - it made all the difference in the world!

DLfuzion
04-29-2018, 05:24 PM
I wish I knew about that PDI list before I picked mine up.

E Rod
04-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Hello brad. On the island I installed an outlet inside the cabinet and got power from the existing one. I plugged in an a.c. to dc transformer I got from eBay. Then I installed a switch on the outside panel to power up lights.
On the slide out I got power from the wires that power up the led overhead lights. I installed a remote controller in line so I wouldn't need to install a switch.

Glenda Clark
04-29-2018, 10:35 PM
If Sunrise Rv in Omak Washington would have done a PDI on the Crossroads Sunset trail 210fk that I bought first , they would have found
The horrible cosmetic flaws with the slide out. They made them far worse by trying to fix it. Unacceptable merchandise.

I told them I want my down payment back. They said NO.
They are not obligated to take the other one back. I said you sold me something with deffects. They said I have to Swap for another one.

OK , traded it for my 2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR.
It is very nice , I am pleased with this. No issues or complaints. (yet)

The forum said print out P.D.I List and take it in when I pick up new trailer. I had one heck of a good walk thru tour , and signed off on it.

I never got a walk through tour on the first one and told them so.
They said they were busy and things were crazy at the moment.
I said No Excuse.

I have to go back Monday the 30th because I found a paper work glitch.

I am very leary of Sunrise Rv. in Omak, Washington.

notanlines
04-30-2018, 02:29 AM
Glenda, you have every reason to be wary of this dealership. "They said they were busy and things were crazy at the moment" That would be the first thing that comes to the forefront. I'd venture to say these are not honorable people.

JRTJH
04-30-2018, 04:49 AM
When a dealership says, "We were very busy and things were crazy" what they're really saying is, "You don't matter to us"....

As long as they're making money they'll keep treating customers this way. The only way to stop it is to stop doing business with them. That'll work to a point, but with new customers who don't know their reputation, the problem just continues.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 05:24 AM
I will be there at 9 am. When they open this morning.
I am getting more angry by the minute with them.

The previous trailer was now considered USED , since I bought it , but in their possession . I said it's not used ! They now have it back on their Inventory as NEW. IS THIS CONSIDERED FRAUD ?
It is sure dishonest .

I need to go in and have a lot of ammunition backing myself up you guys.

Yes , we were busy , things were crazy at the moment , was the excuse for No P.D.I inspection check off , or for explinations for using all equipment features.
They just booted me out the door with the OLD One.

The New one I demanded everything and made them do it in full detail.
I was on a ladder looking at Roof. I was crawling underneath it.
I was pleased and we signed off on it.

Hope this morning goes well. They are in the wrong here , not me.
I just need to press that issue. That previous trailer is on their new inventory list again , not used , as it had 1 previous purchser.

I have NO Faith , or Trust in Sunrise Rv. Omak , Washington.
I think this morning is going to be really frustrating.

We shall see. And I'll report back to everyone.

sourdough
04-30-2018, 06:33 AM
This is too late Glenda but as far as I know once that unit has been titled it cannot legally be declared as "new" when placed for sale. By the account though, it sounds to me like they made a deal with you, you "purchased" the unit and went to pick it up and the deal went south.

If that is the scenario I doubt the paperwork was ever submitted to get a title. I didn't get the "paperwork" to go get tags/registration on mine for a month. In that event, truthfully it was sold, but technically it is still probably considered new for sales purposes. But, as has been mentioned, you need to be VERY wary of these folks, throughout the remainder of this deal and in the future. Hopefully there is another, reputable dealer close to you.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 06:49 AM
I have no issues or problems with my new trailer at all. Very pleased.

It's a paper work glitch now. That is what needs to be cleared up.

The other one wasn't titled yet , but was in process I'm sure.

But they have it back in inventory as NEW.
Not saying it was purchased prior by someone.
That is a case of Fraud by doing this ? Not being truthful atleast.

I will take care of this. Getting ready to leave.

sourdough
04-30-2018, 06:54 AM
I have no issues or problems with my new trailer at all. Very pleased.

It's a paper work glitch now. That is what needs to be cleared up.

The other one wasn't titled yet , but was in process I'm sure.

But they have it back in inventory as NEW.
Not saying it was purchased prior by someone.
That is a case of Fraud by doing this ? Not being truthful atleast.

I will take care of this. Getting ready to leave.

Not being truthful. That is the issue. Plus the other rub is telling you when giving it back they were treating it as a "used" unit. Not so, if they can sell it as new. Very dishonest.

chuckster57
04-30-2018, 07:03 AM
Not sure what the rules are in Washington, here in Ca. All the paperwork is done, but nothing is submitted to DMV until it’s “over the curb”, so it is possible if the deal unwound that it could be placed back in inventory as “new”.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 12:33 PM
I am going to have to hire an attorney , and take them to court.
They met me at My Truck door, wouldn't talk to me. Very Rude to me.
The paper work glitch was 》 FAT FINGERED TYPOS I was informed.
I tried to show them my paper work , said it's wrong. They said no its not.
They double charged me for extended warranty ,Gap insurance , sales tax. Etc. For 2 trailers.

My only recourse is talk to the owner of the sunrise dealership , show my paper work . And they can see the the double charge.
Plus , they used my $1,000.oo down payment to the new credit union on this new trailer , and only credited me $199.97 for a down payment.

I asked to speak to the girl in accounting for a break down , salesman said NO. They kept my paper work on the first one I bought as they said it had to be shredded and I no longer owned it.
I asked for copies of old paperwork , the salesman said they burned them. I said Bull ****. You keep everything on record for warranty issues.

This is going to turn damn ugly.

I said my first trailer is considered new again. Why ?
Answer 》 It's not entered back into system yet , and it will have a new stock number and be listed as used.

These people are scam artist and liars. I still call the word fraud.

What do I do ?
Talk to the owner of Sunrise Chevrolet and Sunrise Rv.
Show him all the errors . And say they double charged me , it shows proof.

Then 》 HIRE A DAMN GOOD ATTORNEY.

I was treated badly this morning by the sales man that sold me this second trailer. He was nice when selling it to me.
Come back to try to get this straightened out. I couldn't even speak to account girl.

Complain to the BBB Also.
I am worse then furious.

sourdough
04-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Glenda I'm very sorry this has turned out this way.

It's in hind sight but I would not have let them keep me from going in but I understand your predicament.

IMO your best bet is to get to the owner of the RV dealership and see how he receives it. The whole thing may be a reflection of the way he does business, but it may not be. I would just go in and ask for him. Have your documentation with you - DO NOT let them have any of it. In fact, if you have the means make copies for him. If they ask why you want to see him just tell them you were making a purchase and had heard good things about him:) If he's a decent business owner hopefully you can solve it there.

If not, before hiring a lawyer, I would take the paperwork to the DA or county attorney (whoever handles this type of deal. You may need to file a police report). Start some heat they can feel. But, as I think, before you do any of that....how far did you escalate this inside the RV dealership? A salesman has zero ability to tell you the things this one apparently did. If the GM of the dealership doesn't know anything about it you may need to start there. You want to try the top management at the RV store before you hit the owner. Then move to trying to prove a criminal act. Last resort (your money) is to hire a lawyer. If you in fact have paperwork that show these errors they won't be able to deny correcting the problem. Be calm but forceful. When they defer, push. Be pointed - no generalities or maybe. Don't take no for an answer; when you reach that point always ask "who's your boss?" When you reach the point that they say "I own the joint".....you've run out of people to harrass:) Good luck and keep us apprised.

MarcS
04-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Is the Chevrolet dealer and RV dealer on the same lot? If not, I'd go to the Chevy store and talk to the General Manager or owner there. Tell them your concerns about your dealings with your salesperson. Don't go in with guns blazing. Ask for the General Managers name at the RV dealer from the Chevy dealer. Maybe call them while your at the Chevy store with that General Manager.

notanlines
04-30-2018, 01:49 PM
In my opinion you will not call ch this fly with honey. My opinion is hire an attorney immediately and do exactly as she/he suggests. Rain havoc on the internet like never before. And when you finally have them gasping for air, step on their neck. You AND I will feel better for it.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 02:02 PM
Called the entire dealership , found out WHO OWNER is . Left a message on his voice mail to call it's urgent I need to have a meeting with him.
I hope he returns my call within a reasonable amount of time.
This has to be resolved Now.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 02:41 PM
The owner of the dealership called me. Meeting at 9 am Tuesday.
The salesman pulled all kinds of illegal activity with me.
The salesman said all paper work was shredded and Burned.
Owner said NO ITS NOT.
Owner asked if I got my full price back ? I said No , only 27k.
There's another sneaky glitch. Someone is pocketing all my money.
I was never told I would get my extended warranty fee back , Gap insurance back , sales tax back.
I think the salesman was going to pocket it.

The owner is very unhappy with everything that went down , and promised to Fix all mistakes.
So , I will let you know tomorrow what happens.

Chaos1
04-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Just traded in our 2012 premier 19 fbpr loved it, absolutely no problems other than upkeep we just upgraded to the 2018 26rbpr we have switched 2 friends over now

sourdough
04-30-2018, 04:03 PM
The owner of the dealership called me. Meeting at 9 am Tuesday.
The salesman pulled all kinds of illegal activity with me.
The salesman said all paper work was shredded and Burned.
Owner said NO ITS NOT.
Owner asked if I got my full price back ? I said No , only 27k.
There's another sneaky glitch. Someone is pocketing all my money.
I was never told I would get my extended warranty fee back , Gap insurance back , sales tax back.
I think the salesman was going to pocket it.

The owner is very unhappy with everything that went down , and promised to Fix all mistakes.
So , I will let you know tomorrow what happens.

Good! Sounds like you are making progress and hopefully the owner is above board. Those things they apparently are skimming you on go thru the finance guy generally in my dealings. The salesman usually has no idea about the insurance/finance plans etc. He has to go to the finance guy to get that done. With the way your sales guy acted, and what he said, I would be straight up thinking that he and the finance guy are in cahoots skimming money. Just an observation...... Your sales guy is either nuts or a crook.

MarcS
04-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep us all informed of the outcome! Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 04:57 PM
The owner was really upset at what I was told him the salesman said and did. I have a feeling the guy will be terminated , and I'll insist on it.
The manager at the Rv. Lot said it only worth 27k. Now.
They were skimming money from me.
The owner said I should have gotten full amount back. But Nope I Didnt.

Will see what happens in the morning , and I'll let you know.

The owner was pizz'ed off when I told him the salesman said all my paper work was shredded and BURNED.

MarcS
04-30-2018, 05:12 PM
You should have gotten a full refund no matter what. It is still a new unit and they will sell it as new, if it was never officially titled!

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Told them that at Rv. Lot. Manager said I lose it , if I don't buy another trailer.
So I bought another trailer . This is really an ugly situation with the salesman and manager at Rv lot.
They were flat out ripping me off.
Well tomorrow I will handle thid.
Demand that salesman be fired.

Cut me a price break off 2nd trailer.

MarcS
04-30-2018, 05:29 PM
You may not have to demand it. If he is an honest owner and finds out he has an employee(s) ripping customers off, he will take care of them. Without customers, there is no business. Without business, owners lose their way of life. All owners I've worked for will never let an employee take that from them.

chuckster57
04-30-2018, 05:41 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! I sure hope the owner makes it right, please let us know how the meeting goes.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 05:51 PM
I am going to demand one hell of a price break off on this 2nd trailer from the owner.
I was lied too countless times. The owner better make it right , and I am sure he will , he was very upset about the salesman.
Who also said 》 I am a real stickler for details. Hell yes. I have to be when I'm being screwed over.
My stress level is 10 fold right now.😨
I will get this taken care of , or my last option is , file a law suit against that salesman :Dave Swanberg.
I will let you guys now the outcome when I get back from seeing the owner at 9 am.

sourdough
04-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Glenda, keep your cool. I've had many situations like this. Don't let the "pissed" you go in to negotiate. You will find it hard. I've been mad, pissed etc. but I usually get what I want. You cannot go in harsh, mad, throwing out allegations etc. in a rough tone. Remember, you can cut off an offending "something" and only use words. That is what you have to do. You can't offend the owner, who appears on your side, by seeming "out of bounds", possibly expecting too much because you speak to all of the things that have happened. You HAVE to be cool, focused. You have to know what your expectation is and work to drive every conversation in that direction. EVERY word you use has to calculated to that end.

I've dealt with so many situations like this. Your strength is what has happened and your documentation. Your weakness will be when you go ballistic and tick the owner off. State the facts, the failures, the lies, your disappointment and the costs you have endured. Don't do it like a victim, do it as a person violated and you seek restitution....professionally, straight forward and unrelenting. Sorry or no can't be the answer.

Note: be careful of demanding unrealistic cuts in prices, comps or anything else when you try to fix this. If you have been zipped the owner, if a good guy, is going to try to make this right. Trying to get "maximum payback" because they had a bad employee and insulting the owner as he tries to help is a no win deal. What was the deal with first trailer? The second? Where were you monetarily on the first vs 2nd considering the differences? They will look at "no harm, no foul" and try to make you whole as it would have been with the first purchase. You won't get more than that IMO. Just be realistic and know you will have endured some aggravation that no one is going to compensate you for.

Glenda Clark
04-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Yes , I will keep my cool , owner is more then willing to assist me thru this messy ordeal.
I feel I deserve a price break and a lot of apologies .
I could clearly tell he was very upset by my information.
Will finalise this tomorrow and I'll report back.

FlyingAroundRV
04-30-2018, 08:51 PM
Glenda, keep your cool. I've had many situations like this. Don't let the "pissed" you go in to negotiate. You will find it hard. I've been mad, pissed etc. but I usually get what I want. You cannot go in harsh, mad, throwing out allegations etc. in a rough tone. Remember, you can cut off an offending "something" and only use words. That is what you have to do. You can't offend the owner, who appears on your side, by seeming "out of bounds", possibly expecting too much because you speak to all of the things that have happened. You HAVE to be cool, focused. You have to know what your expectation is and work to drive every conversation in that direction. EVERY word you use has to calculated to that end.

I've dealt with so many situations like this. Your strength is what has happened and your documentation. Your weakness will be when you go ballistic and tick the owner off. State the facts, the failures, the lies, your disappointment and the costs you have endured. Don't do it like a victim, do it as a person violated and you seek restitution....professionally, straight forward and unrelenting. Sorry or no can't be the answer.

Note: be careful of demanding unrealistic cuts in prices, comps or anything else when you try to fix this. If you have been zipped the owner, if a good guy, is going to try to make this right. Trying to get "maximum payback" because they had a bad employee and insulting the owner as he tries to help is a no win deal. What was the deal with first trailer? The second? Where were you monetarily on the first vs 2nd considering the differences? They will look at "no harm, no foul" and try to make you whole as it would have been with the first purchase. You won't get more than that IMO. Just be realistic and know you will have endured some aggravation that no one is going to compensate you for.
I agree with Danny. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. That said, it sounds like I don't have to tell you to stand your ground. Be nice, but resolute. Also, I'd agree with Danny, don't go in looking for freebies. Look to get it sorted properly, to the last penny, but don't go looking for a pound of flesh. That will just get people offside and make them dig their heels in.
Edit:
It might be useful to look on the internet at the prices at other dealerships if you think you've been overcharged. With that knowledge, if you do want a price reduction, you can go in with the knowledge of a lower price at another dealer. (Try RV trader)

notanlines
05-01-2018, 02:02 AM
I vehemently disagree with all this "oh, I'm so nice, I want to be nice, treat me nice" kind of advice. I would not be making this meeting without an attorney, period. Assuming all events are exactly as Glenda described there seems to be criminal activity afoot and she is ill-equipped to handle such. I do agree that the ranting and making demands has no part in this meeting, but better trained people than her need to be involved.

Tinner12002
05-01-2018, 02:25 AM
I vehemently disagree with all this "oh, I'm so nice, I want to be nice, treat me nice" kind of advice. I would not be making this meeting without an attorney, period. Assuming all events are exactly as Glenda described there seems to be criminal activity afoot and she is ill-equipped to handle such. I do agree that the ranting and making demands has no part in this meeting, but better trained people than her need to be involved.

I agree with that notanlines, any friend with some legal advise or a police officer friend would work too in a pinch on such short notice. Sorry about all the issues the OP is having, its a wonder that place is still in business!!

Glenda Clark
05-01-2018, 05:17 AM
I will be leaving shortly to go see the owner of these establishments.
I will keep my cool and won't explode with him. He seems consirned and upset I was treated the way I was. Very ittitated I wasn't told I'd get my extended warranty , Gap insurance , sales tax and something else refunded. The sales man Dave Swanberg told me nothing on that.
Was he planning on keeping that for himself ? There are so many issues at stake here. Telling me my old contract paper work was shredded and burnt and they don't keep records. That is not a truthful statement. And the owner even said so.
I will get this resolved. The owner seems more then willing to help me.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed it goes Damm' good. I was the victim , not the offender.

Glenda Clark
05-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Had my meeting with the owner of these establishments.
We went through all the paper work and everything was correct and accounted for.
The salesman Dave Swanberg , and the rv. Lot manager "Tyrell" will both be held accountable for their numerous lies , and rude behavior towards me.. The owner was very angry , as that makes his business look poorly staffed , and untrustworthy . He will harshly deal with their behavior today. He apologised, and said he was sorry about the other trailer having poor issues that resulted in returning it. . And very sorry his staff was rude to me . I would love to be a fly on the wall and listen to these guys get chewed out. Bet they call me a few choice names.

So I am pleased with how this turned out. And the staff will get reprimanded for their antics.

notanlines
05-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Let me get this straight. They did all these horrendous things, some criminal, double charged for warranty, kept your down payment, didn't give you credit for who knows what, put a used RV back on the lot to sell for new and he said they are sorry, people will be reprimanded and you're happy. Is that it in a nutshell?

FlyingAroundRV
05-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Glenda:
Very pleased for you that it turned out to your satisfaction. An RV purchase is a significant amount of money in anyone's budget. We all hope it goes smoothly, but when it doesn't it's very stressful.
Now you can clear the decks and go RVing and put all this behind you.

Glenda Clark
05-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Owner knew nothing of their antics till I called and spoke to him last night , had my meeting this morning. They will be severely repremanded for their actions , lies , and behavior.
No they didn't keep my down payment , like I was told I lost it by the lot manager TYRELL. It went into the other trailer. I was lied to on that.
Everything else rolled over to trailer #2.
In regards to trailer #1 , it went into Crossrosds/keystone registry , and is now considered used .

This entire ordeal was a bloody nightmare because of Dave Swanberg.
Telling me my paper work was burned. So the owner is going to nail his
@$$ for that , and how he treated me in the end.
I hope he gets fired.

So all ended up well. I am still mad at that dude though.

Glenda Clark
05-01-2018, 05:05 PM
I could use a stiff drink after all this bologna with that salesman.
But he is in very deep dirt with the Owner.

Glenda Clark
05-01-2018, 07:17 PM
How many other customers has Dave Swanburg pulled questionable
Issues on. With So many lies. I'm just the one that caught him.

The owner knew nothing of this. He does now.

chuckster57
05-01-2018, 07:40 PM
I’m glad you got it resolved. It sounds like you can now concentrate on enjoying your new trailer.

On that note I am closing this thread.