PDA

View Full Version : Doors

KHBama
04-21-2018, 05:59 AM
Hey Guys,

How is the best way to order an inside door for our Laredo? Straight from Keystone?

Also, what modifications can be done to make sure doors stay closed while traveling?

Thanks

dhn
04-21-2018, 06:15 AM
You will have to go through your dealer to order a door from Keystone. You can go to trekwood.com and order one directly from them. You can bend the catches a little to make them more snug, or use the child safety door locks.

JRTJH
04-21-2018, 06:19 AM
Keystone doesn't sell parts to customers. They only sell through dealerships. So, try your local Keystone dealer or Trekwood. Both have access to parts for almost all Keystone RV's.

Depending on the size of the door (cabinet or bath/bedroom door) shipping may be extremely expensive. Usually a dealer can eliminate shipping charges (if you're willing to wait) by asking Keystone to just put it in the next trailer leaving the factory for his dealership.

KHBama
04-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the info

gearhead
04-21-2018, 11:55 AM
I use 2 bungee cords with the 1 inch diameter balls to keep the bathroom and bedroom doors closed. The doorknobs for each are right next to each other so a few wraps on each doorknob and then pull the ball through the loop.
Spring loaded curtain rods work great in the shower door tracks to lock the 3 glass panels. Of course you have to match the colors....no brass rods in nickel colored shower door tracks! I'm redneck but I have my limits.

madmaxmutt
04-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Hey Guys,

How is the best way to order an inside door for our Laredo? Straight from Keystone?

Also, what modifications can be done to make sure doors stay closed while traveling?

Thanks

I am not sure what type of inside door you are asking about, but velcro is second only to duct tape and JB Weld to make things work :) For the cabinet doors I cut a piece of this double sided velcro to length and wrap it between door handles. https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-Double-Sided-Multi-Purpose/dp/B000078CUB

cpaulsen
04-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Go to a good local cabinet shop with measurements.....they can make doors.