PDA

View Full Version : Slideout under bed storage

ScotnBev
04-19-2018, 09:00 AM
While working on installing the sleep number bed pump inside the bed slideout, l was wondering if anyone has used the space under the bed in the slideout for storage? It looks to me that a sheet of plywood could be placed on top of the slide structure and this would provide some room for storage, I'm think lightweight things like pillows or extra sheets. A piano hinge could be added so the foot of the bed rasies for access.16085

GT2400BH
04-21-2018, 03:35 AM
While working on installing the sleep number bed pump inside the bed slideout, l was wondering if anyone has used the space under the bed in the slideout for storage? It looks to me that a sheet of plywood could be placed on top of the slide structure and this would provide some room for storage, I'm think lightweight things like pillows or extra sheets. A piano hinge could be added so the foot of the bed rasies for access.16085
If I had a spot like that I would put plywood down and store lite things like pillows and blankets.

ctbruce
04-21-2018, 04:45 AM
I dont see why it wouldn't work. Especially for what you're proposing to put there. Looks like an ideal space for bulky items. You could always try it. If it doesn't work as planned, nothing lost.

chuckster57
04-21-2018, 05:56 AM
My Jayco had that style of slide on the bed and came with a hinged base for storage. Obviously be careful which spaces you use and what you store. My mechanicals where covered so I couldn’t put anything in that space, and no worries of stuff getting caught. Enjoy the extra storage.