PDA

View Full Version : Monument Valley.

Rusty
04-19-2018, 08:31 AM
So we are planning a trip to Monument Valley in June.

What CG's would be a great place to Drag the 5th Wheel to.

We are coming in from the Calgary area so a little bit of a drive.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canonman
04-19-2018, 09:27 AM
Are you interested in stopping places along the way or just in Monument Valley?
Also, do you prefer full hookups, partial, or is some dry camping OK?
We've traveled the same route a couple of times and can help with some ideas that worked fo us.
The only place to stay in Monument Valley in June is Gouldings. They have spaces that can handle your 5er no problem. https://www.gouldings.com/campground/
It will be warm there and Gouldings has full hookups so you can run the A/C and be comfortable. The Tribe has an "RV Park" by the hotel but the last time we were there is was a dry camp option. Feel free to pm back for more info.

Rusty
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Are you interested in stopping places along the way or just in Monument Valley?
Also, do you prefer full hookups, partial, or is some dry camping OK?
We've traveled the same route a couple of times and can help with some ideas that worked fo us.
The only place to stay in Monument Valley in June is Gouldings. They have spaces that can handle your 5er no problem. https://www.gouldings.com/campground/
It will be warm there and Gouldings has full hookups so you can run the A/C and be comfortable. The Tribe has an "RV Park" by the hotel but the last time we were there is was a dry camp option. Feel free to pm back for more info.Thank you Canonman.

If the weather is going to be warm/hot then most definitely we will need full hookups! Generally we are good with any camping extreme, be it just one service or none, it makes no difference!

Btw I am a big Canon guy myself, if you have a boo at my album you may see some stuff I like to shoot!

Canonman
04-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Thanks Rusty, will have some time tomorrow to post some thoughts. Are you in any kind of a hurry or do you have the luxury of time??
I've not photographed race cars but I have photographed some thoroughbred racing. Fun stuff for sure.