PDA

View Full Version : Screen door on a Montana HC

Dorrie
04-17-2018, 03:35 PM
All of sudden the screen door is sticking real bad to the point it gets unhitch from the main door. What looks like what is happening is rubbing hard on the bottom plate mostly at the corner opening. Hubby tried looking for info tips on line. Only thing he found was a guy just took off the screen door, lol.
Has anyone dealt with this issue. TIA

sourdough
04-17-2018, 04:38 PM
My thoughts would be leveling...how close are you to level and then stabilizers. I can make my screen door go from perfect to yank/slam by just adjusting the stabilizers.

Dorrie
04-17-2018, 05:28 PM
My thoughts would be leveling...how close are you to level and then stabilizers. I can make my screen door go from perfect to yank/slam by just adjusting the stabilizers.Just re-leveled. In fact the screen door got worse after the re-leveling. We are thinking of getting a stabilizer. RV shakes a tad to our liking. Oh the Lippart Jacks say we are leveled. Hope they are right.
Thank you for your help

sourdough
04-17-2018, 06:04 PM
Just re-leveled. In fact the screen door got worse after the re-leveling. We are thinking of getting a stabilizer. RV shakes a tad to our liking. Oh the Lippart Jacks say we are leveled. Hope they are right.
Thank you for your help

Throw a level on things to see where you actually are. I've seen, and talked to, several folks that depend on the "jack" level and things weren't right.

Dave W
04-18-2018, 03:14 AM
Ours stuck too from new. I was able to 'adjust' the hinges by bending them a little with a dead blow hammer. Just a little;)!!

Ron
04-18-2018, 05:38 AM
When we enter our RV'S and the main door is open and the screen door is shut, we have a tendency to pull downward on the screen door to enter and bend it down, I have found that if you just pull upward on the bottom left corner to bend the bottom hinge back out this will solve the problem

jsmith948
04-18-2018, 06:12 AM
When we enter our RV'S and the main door is open and the screen door is shut, we have a tendency to pull downward on the screen door to enter and bend it down, I have found that if you just pull upward on the bottom left corner to bend the bottom hinge back out this will solve the problem

This ^^^^^^!
These doors are built to be extremely light - it doesn't take much force to tweek the hinges. In fact, I had tried adding a screen guard to keep the pooch from pushing his nose through the screen but had to remove it because it caused the door to sag out of alignment. Just easy does it.

Dorrie
04-18-2018, 09:58 AM
This ^^^^^^!
These doors are built to be extremely light - it doesn't take much force to tweek the hinges. In fact, I had tried adding a screen guard to keep the pooch from pushing his nose through the screen but had to remove it because it caused the door to sag out of alignment. Just easy does it.Hmmm, we were going to purchase one because on package stated that will help keep screen door squared. Something like that, forget. Thank you for heads up.

Dave W
04-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Hmmm, we were going to purchase one because on package stated that will help keep screen door squared. Something like that, forget. Thank you for heads up.

One worked for ours until I put the Lippert Solid Steps in. I did pop rivet the sliding sections together to solidify the assembly

Pull Toy
04-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Food for thought....

I had Lowes cut a piece of plexi to fit the lower panel of our screen door...
1. It is self squaring, and adds stability and rigidity with minimum extra weight. Once your 'square', it stays that way!

2. The Lower half of the door, being closed like a storm window, doesn't dump as much cool air when using the pass thru feature of the latch area at breakfast or happy hour.

3. The pups can look out but not do the "squirrel" thing.... thru the screen!

Good Luck,