PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire Cover

lesleyinky
04-15-2018, 01:12 PM
DH says our spare tire cover on our Cougar needs to be replaced. I’m sure they can be bought everywhere from CW to Amazon, but thought I would check here first to see where some of you may have bought quality replacements?

MerlinB
04-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Try this one:

https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/

I have been very satisfied with their products.

linux3
04-16-2018, 07:49 AM
I just bought at my local RV store.
Maybe Amazon would be cheaper but I wanted to see and touch for quality.

flybouy
04-16-2018, 11:22 AM
We replaced ours on a cross country trip last spring. We stopped in CW in Bowling Green, KY and noticed the cover missing. Picked up a Diamond Plate Silver cover (the only kind they had in stock) at it works for price. It seems to be made better/heavier material than the Keystone one that came with the trailer (surprise, surprise!). The site MerlinB quoted has some nice looking covers and you can find several custom designed site if you ask Mr Google but be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for them.

sourdough
04-16-2018, 01:55 PM
When our Keystone cover blew off the first year due to cheap construction I replaced it with one from 4wheel Parts made by BestTop. Good quality, elastic is still good after 3-4 years, looks like new and still fits tight as a drum. It is plain though.....black.

lesleyinky
04-16-2018, 05:08 PM
We replaced ours on a cross country trip last spring. We stopped in CW in Bowling Green, KY and noticed the cover missing. Picked up a Diamond Plate Silver cover (the only kind they had in stock) at it works for price. It seems to be made better/heavier material than the Keystone one that came with the trailer (surprise, surprise!). The site MerlinB quoted has some nice looking covers and you can find several custom designed site if you ask Mr Google but be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for them.

Well that would definitely be convenient considering we leave about 20 min from Bowling Green. Ha!! I️ try to stay out of there as much as possible so I don’t get too many new ideas ; ) Thank you for the input!

lesleyinky
04-16-2018, 05:09 PM
When our Keystone cover blew off the first year due to cheap construction I replaced it with one from 4wheel Parts made by BestTop. Good quality, elastic is still good after 3-4 years, looks like new and still fits tight as a drum. It is plain though.....black.

Good deal - thank you for the suggestion!

byrdr1
04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Good deal - thank you for the suggestion!Christmas present from the oldest and her family.
Not sure where they got it..16068

RoscoeV
04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Christmas present from the oldest and her family.
Not sure where they got it..16068

Very Nice!

flybouy
04-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Well that would definitely be convenient considering we leave about 20 min from Bowling Green. Ha!! I️ try to stay out of there as much as possible so I don’t get too many new ideas ; ) Thank you for the input!
We stayed in the area a few days to explore some of the caves. It seems like a very nice area.
I thought about a custom cover, one that says " Yes, as a matter of fact the driver is a retired old fart who's driving slow". The letters would have be kinda small to fit but then again anyone behind me has sufficient time to read the "fine print".:lol:

lesleyinky
04-17-2018, 02:49 PM
We stayed in the area a few days to explore some of the caves. It seems like a very nice area.

I thought about a custom cover, one that says " Yes, as a matter of fact the driver is a retired old fart who's driving slow". The letters would have be kinda small to fit but then again anyone behind me has sufficient time to read the "fine print".:lol:

Ha! That’s funny - would get a lot of laughs no doubt! We discussed a custom cover with our last name on it but we figured it would be pricey.

I️ just spent the entire day at Mammoth Cave that you mentioned.....took 94 third graders on a field trip. When we pulled in I️ noticed several RV’s in the parking lot and thought to myself what I️ wouldn’t give to be on a relaxing camping trip myself at the moment versus in charge of a field trip!! LOL

Gegrad
04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
For a cheaper option I bought one on Amazon that was a good weight and had good reviews. I avoided the lightweight cheap ones that had poor reviews. Just plain black and it looks brand new after being out second half of summer and all winter.

eokip1
04-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Tire-covers.com has a nice military collection. I have the Vietnam Veteran one and like it very much!

Erik