PDA

View Full Version : Where to pu Sleep Number pump

ScotnBev
04-14-2018, 03:05 PM
I want to install a sleep number bed in my Cougar, but the bed is on a slide out. The SN bed pump is typically put under the bed. The slide out is just wide enough for the mattress so can't put the pump on the side of the bed. And there is no power in the slide out.

Is it possible to mount the pump under the bed platform without interfering with the slide mechanisim? Thought l would ask if others have been inside the slide before l tare into it.

elcaminonut69
04-16-2018, 03:09 AM
Is your platform as wide as your plywood top. My bed is in the slide like yours but I put mine on the side of the platform which was narrower than the top. I also had a plug in on the wall next to it and the cord is long enough to stay plugged in when operating the slide.

ScotnBev
04-16-2018, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. The platform is as wide as the slide, no room on to the side for the pump. Inside the platform at this point seems to be the optimal place, but I haven't had a peek inside the platform yet and don't know if there are any issues with the pump being able to breath or interference from the slide mechanics and the air hoses.