PDA

View Full Version : camping around Minnisota

walker1
07-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Any recommendations on CG near or around the city of Minniapolos Minnisota?
30 foot fiver.
thanks

JRTJH
07-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Not really sure how far this reaches, but my wife was reading online this afternoon that all the State campgrounds in Minnesota are closed at this time ???? Something to do with the budget???? Anyone have any definite word on this and/or how long it will last???

hankpage
07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
As of midnight, June 30, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will be shutdown due to a state budget impasse

This was from the states DNR and all parks are closed to the public.

JRTJH
07-03-2011, 05:21 AM
I'd guess that means most of the private parks are full to the brim and some are probably busting at the seams. Sounds like Minnesota is NOT the place to spend camping time until they get the budget on track. I understand "everything" except emergency services are closed. That means rest areas as well as state campgrounds. I wonder how many more states will follow suit in the next few years unless we get this economy functional again. Hmmmmm

msp2jxr
07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
There are many, many campgrounds in Minnesota. It was stated last night that the MN budget has been agreed upon, so state services and parks are opening up again. Minneapolis is a rather large city with many suburbs so we are not sure what area or either private campgrounds or state parks you are looking at.
If you would like more information you can PM us; we live in Minnesota and do most of our camping in our state. Also keep in mind if you stay in our state parks, you need either a daily sticker or an annual sticker. The annual sticker is $25 and I believe the daily rate is around $6. We have many choices here in MN so come visit, you won't be disappointed!

Englishman
07-26-2011, 08:55 AM
It looks like most of the state parks in Minnisota are open again.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/reopen/index.html

:)

closesquarters
07-10-2012, 06:43 PM
I realize this is an older post but I have some info on a decent campground near the twin cities metro since I live nearby.

Lebanon Hills is a county park extremely close to the Minnesota Zoo. One campground has water, sewer, electric sites, while another has electric only, and length restrictions. Although located in a populated area near the metro it does not feel that way in the park. They take online reservations, and, although fairly busy... generally are not full to capacity in the summer. You should be able to get in there with most any big rig. Link: http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/LeisureRecreation/CountyParks/Locations/LebanonHills/Campground.htm

I've also camped at many Minnesota state parks and have visited 72 out of the 75. If you have any questions on the state parks... Just ask.