PDA

View Full Version : City water flow vs. water tank and pump

tundrwd
04-12-2018, 11:07 AM
I have a 2016 Bullet, and I'm wondering if - when hooked up to city water - does that water go into the fresh water tank? Or is there a bypass so it doesn't fill up with fresh water from the city connection?

Reason I'm asking is that I need to "de-winterize" the camper, and sterilize the water system. I wanted to do that this Saturday - but the temps are likely to dip into the mid to upper 20's Saturday nite, Sunday morning.

So if I connect a hose to the city water to flush the antifreeze - does any of that water wind up going into the fresh water tank and water pump?

MarcS
04-12-2018, 11:54 AM
City water bypasses pump. To sanitize fresh water system, you'll want to sanitize fresh water tank, pump, lines,etc...
You'll want to flush antifreeze out if the pump, if dewinterizing.

tundrwd
04-12-2018, 11:58 AM
City water bypasses pump. To sanitize fresh water system, you'll want to sanitize fresh water tank, pump, lines,etc...
You'll want to flush antifreeze out if the pump, if dewinterizing.

Yeah, that's what I thought - it would bypass. I just need to run quite a bit of water through system to get the antifreeze out. And a couple days later (when it's warmer), I can put water in the freshwater tank and some bleach to sanitize it and the lines. Those I can easily empty a week from tomorrow when we arrive at the campground, and run fresh water through it to get rid of the bleach.

I just can't sanitize for 24-36 hours, and only do that AFTER I arrive at the campground - so I need to break it up into two steps.

busterbrown
04-12-2018, 02:28 PM
I have a 2016 Bullet, and I'm wondering if - when hooked up to city water - does that water go into the fresh water tank? Or is there a bypass so it doesn't fill up with fresh water from the city connection?

There is a built in check valve on the DC water pump. When you connect to city, that water will not be introduced into the FW tank.