PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic slide override on Laredo

weaselguys
04-11-2018, 08:09 PM
My 2002 Laredo looks like it has a new hydraulic motor and pump in it. I read a few posts saying there was a hex head override screw on the end of the motor but mine doesn't have one also there is no separate reservoir and there is a removable cap on top of the pump and it looks like you fill it there. Anyone have any ideas on how to override it beyond loosening up a fitting and letting it leak.

Pull Toy
04-12-2018, 05:03 AM
I can't quite read the label on your system, but my first suggestion would be to Google the name. I'll bet there is an online manual that you can print down.

I'm a manuals kind of guy, if it's paper, you can make notes, and use a hi-lighter. Not so much on a laptop screen, but I still keep copies on my hard drive for back up.

Good Luck,

bobbecky
04-12-2018, 02:16 PM
It appears that your Dewald pump has a round sticker on the end, and just like on the Lippert pumps, the 1/4" hex hole should be under that sticker.

Frank G
04-12-2018, 02:48 PM
To add to the failed pump syndrome, early last week a gentleman in the park along with 5 others were trying to manually push the slides in on a class A. As one went in the other would pop out. They had a heck of a time getting them to stay in. Not sure how they secured them for the trip home. Then, last Friday on I-75 north of Georgetown KY there sat a fifth wheel setting along the highway with a slide half out and all broken up. That had to be an interesting recovery tow. :facepalm:

As these units get more complicated we all should locate the emergency procedures for the level and slide retrieval systems, and keep them handy. It wouldn't hurt to keep the necessary tools handy too.

I wish everyone safe travels, and good camping experiences.