PDA

View Full Version : Auto Leveling??

Supertommy68
04-11-2018, 06:19 PM
I just bought a Raptor 398TS. It has the hydraulic auto-level feature. I set it up in the driveway and let it do it’s thing. Played heck getting main doors to open when done, especially the Interior glass door to the garage. It doesn’t close at all. The doors all worked fine on the lot. I put a level on it and it is not level side-to-side. Front to back is pretty good. Yet the leveler says it is perfect. Is there a way to adjust the leveler? Where is its sensor(s) located? I don’t mind manually leveling but it seems a waste of a pretty good feature.

rnkburg
04-11-2018, 06:40 PM
There is a way to adjust. It should be in the manual. I believe you have to manually set the coach level. Then you have it save what is level. From then on when you press auto level it will go to that particular level setting. My raptor doesn’t have this system. But my fathers fifth wheel does. It was way off when we picked it up on delivery day. We had the rv dealer bring there tech out and he got it all set up. I think having this done should be added to the pdi list for new rvs

bobbecky
04-11-2018, 07:02 PM
This is the trouble shooting manual for the system:
http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Level_Up_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

This is the instructions on resetting the level position:
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/technical-information-sheets/Leveling%20and%20Stabilization/TI___208_Setting_The_Zero_Point_On_The_Level_Up_Sy stem.pdf

Supertommy68
04-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I won’t be able to do this till Friday evening but look forward to it.

MattHelm21
04-11-2018, 11:29 PM
There is another possibility. I have the same leveling system and got myself into the same situation in a camp site which was off level only a few inches side to side but had a large drop towards the nose of the trailer. In my case, the system grounded the rear jacks then raised the nose to get level. Then it leveled side to side. The problem is that the front jacks were near full extension and the side that leveled up forced the front jack on the same side to full extension then continued to extend twisting the frame. I could hear the popping is it was leveling but wasn’t sure it was bad until I found my garage entry door unable to open. I knew there was a twist so I immediately lowered the nose and rehitched. I then put blocks under the front jacks to decrease their extension and it leveled without any problem and now I know better than to let it run in auto mode on sites like that.

Tinner12002
04-12-2018, 02:00 AM
There is another possibility. I have the same leveling system and got myself into the same situation in a camp site which was off level only a few inches side to side but had a large drop towards the nose of the trailer. In my case, the system grounded the rear jacks then raised the nose to get level. Then it leveled side to side. The problem is that the front jacks were near full extension and the side that leveled up forced the front jack on the same side to full extension then continued to extend twisting the frame. I could hear the popping is it was leveling but wasn’t sure it was bad until I found my garage entry door unable to open. I knew there was a twist so I immediately lowered the nose and rehitched. I then put blocks under the front jacks to decrease their extension and it leveled without any problem and now I know better than to let it run in auto mode on sites like that.

I'll be trying mine in a similar situation at the Mich Nascar track in June. I figured I'd have to manually level it also but was wondering how that would work to be able to tell one front jack to extend when I extend one side in the rear...:hide:, I've not had to reset mine yet as it levels up good by itself but as others have posted, the info to do that is in your manual.

MattHelm21
04-12-2018, 02:57 AM
Visually, the best way to view the system is as though your rig is balanced on three jacks(I know, there are 6). One in front centered between the real front jacks and one on each side centered between each pair of jacks on a side. You never need to raise one front jack as the pair share a single hydraulic pump and fluid is permitted to flow between them without a check valve. The illusion of raising one front jack is achieved when one rear pair on a side(controlled by one pump) raises that side and fluid transfers from one front jack to the other(extending or retracting as necessary) allowing pressure to equalize. The upshot is no frame twist, except in the situation I previously described.

Travelinlou
04-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Great answer! I thought something was different.

travelin texans
04-13-2018, 08:17 AM
I carry 2 sets of Lynx Levelers & put at least 2 under each jack & more on the low side if necessary, this shortens the stroke which also makes the the rv less wobbly.
We've also learned that once your unhitched manually lower the front legs a few inches, say 4-6, then hit "auto", yes you'll loose the preset hitch height, but ours will level lower by doing this otherwise it starts higher & levels higher.
There is a procedure to recalibrate the system. Level it manually to your liking checking the stove top, counter tops & floors then follow the procedure.

MattHelm21
04-13-2018, 08:05 PM
I'll be trying mine in a similar situation at the Mich Nascar track in June.

I will be representing us in Dover, DE in May. Look for me in Champion’s Gate outside turn 1 grandstands.

Tinner12002
04-14-2018, 02:53 AM
I will be representing us in Dover, DE in May. Look for me in Champion’s Gate outside turn 1 grandstands.

Sorry won't be hitting that race, thinking if we get some tickets and camping bought from someone that can't go, we may end up at New Hamshire in July. Just trying to pick new tracks off one or two a year.

Supertommy68
04-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Thanks all. I set it up this weekend . Had some blocks laying around. Stacked them up and “eyeballed” level between them. Thing leveled up great checked with a 4’ smart level and it was very close both ways. I still have door sticking minor but figure I will just have to adjust that. I think my initial issue was the jacks were overextending to try and level.

lonewolftx
04-20-2018, 07:38 AM
I just bought a Raptor 398TS. It has the hydraulic auto-level feature. I set it up in the driveway and let it do it’s thing. Played heck getting main doors to open when done, especially the Interior glass door to the garage. It doesn’t close at all. The doors all worked fine on the lot. I put a level on it and it is not level side-to-side. Front to back is pretty good. Yet the leveler says it is perfect. Is there a way to adjust the leveler? Where is its sensor(s) located? I don’t mind manually leveling but it seems a waste of a pretty good feature.

I’d have the dealer adjust it if it’s out of wack. :cool: