PDA

View Full Version : Weight distributing Sway bars & hitch for my trailer and truck?

jack65
04-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I have a 20' 6,000 lb 18RS Outback trailer with a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 5.7L V8 Hemi 400+ HP & TQ to pull it with (it has many upgrades).

My question which is a good weight distributing Sway bars & hitch to get? I don't want overkill as I've spent a quite a bit getting the trailer AND truck the past two weeks! I'm looking at this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071L3IFK/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b1422z_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPD KIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=QFH42P3J34V4E6F7DSEZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6bdcd060-4c23-58db-a9a1-a59b3398f3e8&pf_rd_i=15737521
It is rated for 10,000 lbs.

Also, can I install this myself or should I have a shop do it?

busterbrown
04-10-2018, 02:57 PM
I'd recommend spending a little more $$ on a higher end hitch like an Equalizer 4pt WDH. The 2pt friction E2 friction hitch may not provide enough sway control for your 6K trailer as you're towing with a 1/2 ton truck. HP and Torque mean nothing in regards to sway. For the money, this is about the best hitch you can buy, until you get into the Proprides and Hensleys.

66joej
04-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Second busterbrown's recommendation. Spend the extra money now and you will be happy with the added features of the E4.

sourdough
04-10-2018, 03:18 PM
With 6000 lbs. behind you and a 1500 you will want a good WDH/sway control. I think you need to get a 4 point system and I would recommend the Equalizer. I've used others but the Equalizer is a much better system than the ones I've had. It may cost a bit more (not that much) but the weight distribution and sway control areas of towing are not the place to try to skimp.

jack65
04-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Second busterbrown's recommendation. Spend the extra money now and you will be happy with the added features of the E4.

Saw your sig, I'm pretty sure that what you have (Equal-i-zer 10K hitch) is what the RV place I got our trailer from was trying to sell me yesterday. It was this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Equal-i-zer-90001000-Equalizer-Hitch/dp/B004TR8F5C

jack65
04-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Educate me, what is the difference between a 2-point & 4-point system. I'm new to this trailer pulling business as I was pulling a popup trailer the past two years and tent camping for 55+ years before that.

Gegrad
04-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Jack- The 2 point hitch in your link only provides friction at the point where the bars touch the "L" brackets on the trailer. The spots in the hitch rotate freely in that style; in fact the guide will probably tell you to lubricate those spots.

In a 4 point hitch the connecting spots on the hitch also act as friction hinges, so both the contact point on the "L" brackets and the connecting points on the hitch act as friction points to fight sway.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Equal-i-zer/EQ37100ET.html

check out the pictures in that one where the bars connect... Those provide 2 more points of resistance. Edit: This is the same hitch you also posted above.

I had an Equalizer with my old rig and it was a good hitch system. I also recommend it.

Jackitup
04-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Hi Jack,
I use the ANDERSON hitch works great no sway and very quite.

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-3350-Weight-Distribution-Hitch44/dp/B006X21B0M

maccam1
04-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Just purchased a Reese friction stabilizing and sway in 1,spent 650.00 for it,did not want to spend that much,but after much consideration I decided it was worth it.i had the shop install it as there is a lot of measurement involved.
The one your looking at camping world recomenned,but went with the reese.

Retired Copper
04-10-2018, 05:50 PM
They have all given you sound advise because I have towed with both the 10k e2 and the 10k e4. There is no comparison and the e4 is worth the money it cost me. I am sure there are other hitches that work well but I didn`t want to drill holes in a new trailer frame. They are not hard to set up.

Kylemcmahon1
04-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Hi Jack,
I use the ANDERSON hitch works great no sway and very quite.

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-3350-Weight-Distribution-Hitch44/dp/B006X21B0M

Second this. The Anderson works great. Easy to setup and easy to adjust. Plus light Pearce’s no hurting your back hooking up. Also if you are on un level ground much easier to hitch and un hitch.

cabldawg
04-12-2018, 09:05 AM
That's not a heavy trailer by any means. I use the exact same e2 on my trailer and it pulls it like it's on rails. I have 0 sway issues. It's a great system without emptying your wallet.

Carrottop
04-12-2018, 11:35 AM
another vote for the e4 easy to setup and takedown and the best part I enjoy my drive as I know everything is staying where it should.

cabldawg
04-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Also don't get the 10k rated bars. Get the 6k rated bars. Too stiff of spring bars will make your truck ride rough. The 10k bars are rated up to 1k of tongue weight. The 6k bars are rated for 600 tongue weight. Yes, I have both sets and my trailer is 7k gvw and actual weight is 5746 and the 6k bars feel the best.

jack65
04-12-2018, 05:10 PM
That's not a heavy trailer by any means. I use the exact same e2 on my trailer and it pulls it like it's on rails. I have 0 sway issues. It's a great system without emptying your wallet.
You talking about this one?
Fastway 94-00-1000 e2 Series 2-Point Sway Hitch - 10000 lbs. Capacity
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071L3IFK/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b1422z_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPD KIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=QFH42P3J34V4E6F7DSEZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6bdcd060-4c23-58db-a9a1-a59b3398f3e8&pf_rd_i=15737521

I know my trailer is on the light end as far as trailers go.:whistling:

cabldawg
04-12-2018, 05:37 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071L3IFK/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b1422z_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPD KIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=QFH42P3J34V4E6F7DSEZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6bdcd060-4c23-58db-a9a1-a59b3398f3e8&pf_rd_i=15737521&th=1&psc=1

cabldawg
04-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Sorry that didn't post what I wanted. In the options select 6k round bar without ball.

jack65
05-18-2018, 06:13 PM
No one really answered my second question in my first post.
Can a WDH/sway control system be installed myself or do I have to have a shop do it.

I've been busy renovating my house and haven't got the WDH/sway control system yet.
The RV shop where I got the trailer says there is a 4 week waiting period, so I may have to look elsewhere to have it installed if I can't do it.
I'm going to review the posts in this thread and order me a WDH/sway control system next week, so any more advice would be appreciated.

Northofu1
05-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Yes you can do it yourself. as long as you torque to specifications. Get the Blue ox. by far the best, you do not have to disassemble to back up trailer. I got the 1500 (15000Lb) on amazon.ca for 615 canadian. I watched it for 4 months. Check youtube for install videos

Northofu1
05-18-2018, 06:26 PM
To upgrade or downgrade the hitch you just replace the bars. My trailer is 6k lbs as well, but is 30'

66joej
05-18-2018, 06:27 PM
No one really answered my second question in my first post.
Can a WDH/sway control system be installed myself or do I have to have a shop do it.

I've been busy renovating my house and haven't got the WDH/sway control system yet.
The RV shop where I got the trailer says there is a 4 week waiting period, so I may have to look elsewhere to have it installed if I can't do it.
I'm going to review the posts in this thread and order me a WDH/sway control system next week, so any more advice would be appreciated.

Go with an Equal-i-zer E4. Get the model appropriate to the hitch weight of your TT. Follow the instructions provided and you should be able to set it up. Call the number on the instruction book if you have issues. JMO

cabldawg
05-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Very easy to do yourself.

sourdough
05-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Not sure about the blue ox. I've owned various hitches and my Equalizer 4 point (never knew they made a 2 point - useless IMO) is the best regular WDH/sway I've ever had and agreed to by most that own them. Easy to hook up, no backup issues etc.......and about the best there is for WD and sway with the exception of a Hensley or Propride. Folks pick all kinds of hitches to eliminate sway, reduce sway, save money, etc. You don't buy a hitch to save money. The Equalizer has had complaints about noise - if you follow the manufacturers directions that is not an issue IMO.

Faponce88
05-18-2018, 10:51 PM
I cant speak to any other hitch because this is my first but for what it is worth I have the 14k 4 point and it pulls like a champ. The dealer upgraded me from the 10k because my toy hauler is in the front and my HD weighs in at about 900lbs. I pulled it with a Yukon from south Texas to Missouri and never felt a wiggle.

Retired Copper
05-19-2018, 06:17 AM
What they said, E4 ain`t no comparison to the e2 and I have both. You will save money in the long run and you can think those that recommended it later.

flybouy
05-19-2018, 06:39 AM
That totally depends on your mechanical ability, your availability to the required tools and your ability to read, comprehend, and follow directions. No one on the forum would have those answers without knowing you.I would advise researching the considered hitchs and check out their web sites and see if your comfortable with the install instructions.No one really answered my second question in my first post.

Ken / Claudia
05-19-2018, 09:16 AM
They all come with instructions, why couldn't you install if you want to.

jack65
05-26-2018, 11:43 PM
Not sure about the blue ox. I've owned various hitches and my Equalizer 4 point (never knew they made a 2 point - useless IMO) is the best regular WDH/sway I've ever had and agreed to by most that own them. Easy to hook up, no backup issues etc.......and about the best there is for WD and sway with the exception of a Hensley or Propride. Folks pick all kinds of hitches to eliminate sway, reduce sway, save money, etc. You don't buy a hitch to save money. The Equalizer has had complaints about noise - if you follow the manufacturers directions that is not an issue IMO.
Before I order, I want to clarify:

OK, several of you here recommend the Equalizer 4 point WDH/sway system.
Is this the right one for me? :
https://www.amazon.com/Equal-i-zer-4-point-Control-90-00-1000-rating/dp/B004TR8BX8?th=1

My Truck:
2014 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4
5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT 395 HP Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Transmission
292 Rear Axle Gears
VIN: 1C6RR7GTOES367523
(it has many upgrades)

What I'm towing:
I have a 2007 Keystone 18RS Outback trailer
http://www.forrestrvs.com/product/used-2007-keystone-rv-outback-18rs-444481-29

linux3
05-27-2018, 04:22 AM
Before I order, I want to clarify:
What I'm towing:
I have a 2007 Keystone 18RS Outback trailer
http://www.forrestrvs.com/product/used-2007-keystone-rv-outback-18rs-444481-29

For RV stuff I would rather deal with etrailer.com
They have actual people who know what they are talking about when talking trailers and hitches and such.

ctbruce
05-27-2018, 04:27 AM
This link from Equalizer will guide you in hitch size.
https://www.equalizerhitch.com/find-y

jack65
05-27-2018, 08:54 AM
This link from Equalizer will guide you in hitch size.
https://www.equalizerhitch.com/find-y

That link didn't work... but the main one did.
https://www.equalizerhitch.com

ctbruce
05-27-2018, 09:38 AM
That link didn't work... but the main one did.
https://www.equalizerhitch.comHope it helps

sconner
05-29-2018, 06:32 PM
I love my Reese dual cam setup. Never experienced sway, it’s easy to hook and unhook without raising and lowering the tongue, and can backup in place.

jack65
06-02-2018, 04:00 AM
Well, the Equalizer 4 point WDH/sway system came via UPS yesterday. Free shipping. Good thing as the two boxes were heavy, one weighed 94 lbs! Isn't that more added weight to the trailer? Anyways, I'll be installing the Equalizer 4 point WDH/sway system and practicing backing up the trailer in the big Church parking lot near our place June 10th. Will stay the night there too to test and use the trailer like we're camping too. My wife and I already have four different mountain lakes spots reserved for the summer. Can't wait for the Mt Adams/Takhlakh Lake weeklong vacation on our 20th anniversary vacation. After three years of trying I managed to get the BEST campsite of the place with best view of the lake/mountain. The first day I could reserve it, (six months out) I did like you do eBay, right at midnight to the second nabbed it. I lost it the previous three years and settled for second best spot. Happy Days are here again!

http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/Iryns20incher8-web.jpg

http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/MtAdamsSunrise-web.jpg

Thanks guys for all your advice and help! Much Appreciated!!!

Wxman
06-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Nice pics. Which hitch size did you end up with??

jack65
06-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Nice pics. Which hitch size did you end up with??

Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control Hitch, 90-00-0600, 6,000 Lbs Trailer Weight Rating, 600 Lbs Tongue Weight Rating

ctbruce
06-03-2018, 03:59 AM
Follow the instructions to a T. It is not hard. An impact wrench makes set up fast.

Travelingcircus
06-03-2018, 05:51 AM
Its not overkill, when you need it. Sounds like you have alot invested in you TV and TT. Why not put a little more money into a hitch like propride or hensley. Overkill, perhaps, but that day will come when you wish had overkill, or glad that you have overkill.

JRTJH
06-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Its not overkill, when you need it. Sounds like you have alot invested in you TV and TT. Why not put a little more money into a hitch like propride or hensley. Overkill, perhaps, but that day will come when you wish had overkill, or glad that you have overkill.

You expressed your opinion, this is mine:

Hensley and ProPride hitches are an "upgrade" to help with sway. They are not necessary in all, or even in most situations. To suggest to a novice RV'er that "If you don't buy a Hensley you'll be sorry" is, frankly, unwarranted.

Sway control hitches like Hensley and ProPride are an optional, personal choice, much like Anderson Ultimate hitches, sliding fifth wheel hitches, cushioned pinbox hitches, or gooseneck hitches. None of them are "mandatory" for safe RV'ing.

There are hundreds of thousands of RV'ers who have towed millions of miles without the benefit of either of your suggetions and have never had an incident that would cause them to say, "If only I'd had ....".

Not everyone will, one day wish for overkill and not everyone needs a Hensley or ProPride hitch to safely tow a properly sized and equipped truck/trailer combination.

KSH
06-04-2018, 07:26 AM
If you can afford it, get the best and be done with it.

busterbrown
06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Sway control hitches like Hensley and ProPride are an optional, personal choice, much like Anderson Ultimate hitches, sliding fifth wheel hitches, cushioned pinbox hitches, or gooseneck hitches. None of them are "mandatory" for safe RV'ing.
....Neither is upgrading to a higher quality tire but many do for the safety of their family and others on the road. It's not mandatory to upgrade tires but we all know the potential risk of the standard OEM product on the market.

Same as in the case of properly equipping a tow vehicle with a sway control device. You can rely on a 'run-of-the-mill', mass-produced hitch initially, only to realize that it's a relentless fight under sub-optimal driving conditions. This was the case in my situation when I, as a newbie RVer, "invested" a significant amount of my income in a mid-grade WDH that didn't live up to the claims of effective sway control. My trailer weights were on the mark too.

After a hair raising, dangerous trip with 30-40 MPH cross winds three months into my first RV season, I was never going to ever let that happen again. I spend countless hours researching every sway control hitch available to me. That's when I discovered the Hensley/Propride products.

Hensley and ProPride hitches are an "upgrade" to help with sway. They are not necessary in all, or even in most situations. To suggest to a novice RV'er that "If you don't buy a Hensley you'll be sorry" is, frankly, unwarranted.
Absolutely wrong. An upgrade yes; "help" with sway, a definitive "NO". Both of these premium hitches completely "ELIMINATE" lateral sway...even when mated to a 1/2 ton platform vehicle. The design of both the Hensley Arrow and Propride makes it impossible for a forward moving truck/trailer combo to experience the side to side, fishtailing motion initiated by cross winds, passing semi's, or downgrades. Any lateral force on the trailer is applied over the length of the entire rig as the strut arms and cams prevent movement on the hitch ball. It's like no other sway control device on the market. And that's just it, it's not sway control.

If a member wants to promote the purchase and use of a premium sway elimination hitch to those who don't have much experience, I'm all for it. I wish I did more research prior to buying my Blue Ox Sway Pro. I wish I heard the voices of active users of a Hensley or Propride htich. But I didn't and have a lighter wallet because of it. Informed decisions include taking opinions from everyone, not just a specific segment. I will continue to promote my Hensley experience (even to a "Novice RVer") just like someone may continue to promote their Equil-i-zer or Anderson experiences. In the end, if a consumer has the funds and wants the safest hitch on the market, I see no problem with me providing them an honest opinion. YMMV.

And for the naysayers, my Hensley already saved my family's tushes on a Disney Trip we took 2 years ago. The link below details what happened. Worth every cent of the $1899 I paid for it.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=211786&postcount=33

busterbrown
06-04-2018, 01:40 PM
If you can afford it, get the best and be done with it.

My sentiments too. :yes:

busterbrown
06-04-2018, 01:42 PM

^^^^ Absolutely true; same thinking can be applied to the 3/4 ton vs 1 ton debate. This is why I own a Hensley.

JRTJH
06-04-2018, 03:57 PM
^^^^ Absolutely true; same thinking can be applied to the 3/4 ton vs 1 ton debate. This is why I own a Hensley.

And it is your CHOICE to own a Hensley. IT IS NOT A MANDATORY ACCESSORY FOR SAFE TOWING and IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR ANY APPROPRIATELY MATCHED TOW VEHICLE/TRAVEL TRAILER.

Nice to have, not essential.

This part of the discussion, the need to buy a Hensley, (unrelated to the OP's question) reminds me of Walter and the guy with the Hurry Cane. He suggests that Walter should get out of the stone age (and buy something he doesn't need) as he rushes away (obviously without need for his Hurry Cane) to win the arm of the lady walking past their bench..... Hensley, like Hurry Cane, is an alternative, but unlike Hurry Cane, won't always get you the girl.....

rogeru
06-04-2018, 04:08 PM
My dealer told me the Equalizer is the way to go, and after some research, found this to be true. Had them install it for me, and have been using it for four years now. The bars are fairly heavy....don't drop one on your toe like I did. OUCH!! (The bars are solid steel, and you couldn't bend one if you tried).

sourdough
06-04-2018, 04:22 PM
My dealer told me the Equalizer is the way to go, and after some research, found this to be true. Had them install it for me, and have been using it for four years now. The bars are fairly heavy....don't drop one on your toe like I did. OUCH!! (The bars are solid steel, and you couldn't bend one if you tried).

LOL! You are so right! I ate 4 cans of spinach and tried to put the "twist" on one....no luck. Maybe I watched too many Popeye cartoons back when:lol:

busterbrown
06-04-2018, 04:24 PM
And it is your CHOICE to own a Hensley. IT IS NOT A MANDATORY ACCESSORY FOR SAFE TOWING and IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR ANY APPROPRIATELY MATCHED TOW VEHICLE/TRAVEL TRAILER.

IT'S NOT MANDATORY OR ESSENTIAL BUT IT'S ONE OF THE SAFEST WDH'S THAT AN RV'ER CAN INVEST IN...ESPECIALLY IN AN ERA OF EVER INCREASINGLY CAPABLE 1/2 TON TOW VEHICLES. AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Everyone has the right to their opinions, analogies, and viewpoints. That's why it's good practice to help broadcast real world experiences, even those that are not mandatory. It wasn't mandatory that I purchase and upgrade new trailer tires on a relatively brand new trailer. But I did. The OEMs could have made it through 3 seasons. But I like to play it extremely safe when pulling 7,000 lbs down an interstate. Same reason I invested in a Hensley. No, not mandatory, but it sure makes a difference in our travels. Again, YMMV.

sourdough
06-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Nice to have, not essential.

This part of the discussion, the need to buy a Hensley, (unrelated to the OP's question) reminds me of Walter and the guy with the Hurry Cane. He suggests that Walter should get out of the stone age (and buy something he doesn't need) as he rushes away (obviously without need for his Hurry Cane) to win the arm of the lady walking past their bench..... Hensley, like Hurry Cane, is an alternative, but unlike Hurry Cane, won't always get you the girl.....

I have to agree with John. The initial reference about the Propride/Hensley was one that implied doom and gloom....if you don't have one something bad is going to happen and you will wish you had bought one. That's not true for probably 90%, at least, of RV owners. And to say that to a novice tower worried about the new hitch he just bought, which is more than adequate, is a little fer fetched for me.

I know some folks, not many (2-3?), have them on the forum and love them. I'm sure they perform fantastically. Far more have an Equalizer or others and love them too. There is not carnage on the road because they aren't using a Propride/Hensley. That's all John is trying to say and the assertion that if you don't have one you're going to "pay" is, well, just not right.

One member has one that he swears by and that's great. It came about because the TV/RV were not matched. That was discussed on the forum at length. If he had had the TV he has now the issue would not have even come up....I suspect. Just saying that a new RV owner coming in, with a pretty small trailer to boot, doesn't have to have an over the top hitch that costs a gazillion dollars to keep him and his family safe. JMO YMMV

busterbrown
06-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Just saying that a new RV owner coming in, with a pretty small trailer to boot, doesn't have to have an over the top hitch that costs a gazillion dollars to keep him and his family safe. JMO YMMV

Pretty small trailers being pulled by a substantial TV isn't what the premium hitches are marketed to. I would agree that a properly setup midgrade WDH is all that's required. Personally, I would only recommend an Equil-i-zer as they perform very well.

The market segment that Hensley and Propride primarily cater to are those owners who pull with 1/2 ton vehicles and whose trailers are long (30+ feet). This is a sizable percentage of newbies getting their feet wet (like I did). Probably more appropriate to say would be "jumping in head first". I think these are the people that need to know what all their options are for a safe and friendly towing experience.

JRTJH
06-04-2018, 06:23 PM
I have a 20' 6,000 lb 18RS Outback trailer with a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 5.7L V8 Hemi 400+ HP & TQ to pull it with (it has many upgrades).

I'd recommend spending a little more $$ on a higher end hitch like an Equalizer 4pt WDH.

Pretty small trailers being pulled by a substantial TV isn't what the premium hitches are marketed to. I would agree that a properly setup midgrade WDH is all that's required. Personally, I would only recommend an Equil-i-zer as they perform very well. .

:horse: busterbrown, per your own posts in this thread, the OP doesn't need a Hensley/ProPride hitch and it isn't marketed for his type of towing. In fact you recommended he purchase an Equalizer 4pt WDH, which he has done.....

It's simply time to stop the Hensley/ProPride advertisements/testimonials in his thread. If you really feel that strongly about those hitches, please start your own thread to discuss the merits of/advantages of/need for such upgrades. Thanks

sourdough
06-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Pretty small trailers being pulled by a substantial TV isn't what the premium hitches are marketed to. I would agree that a properly setup midgrade WDH is all that's required. Personally, I would only recommend an Equil-i-zer as they perform very well.

The market segment that Hensley and Propride primarily cater to are those owners who pull with 1/2 ton vehicles and whose trailers are long (30+ feet). This is a sizable percentage of newbies getting their feet wet (like I did). Probably more appropriate to say would be "jumping in head first". I think these are the people that need to know what all their options are for a safe and friendly towing experience.

What you are referring to are those that those that overload and then try to compensate. What the forum tries to do is to stop that "jumping in head first" and I think we do a pretty good job of it if given the chance. The initial post by the poster insisting on the Propride/Hensley was to a person hauling a 6k trailer - with an appropriate vehicle - unwarranted.

New owners/towers can be terrified of what they're getting in to. Those that have been towing know those things are pretty simple given the dynamics of the given situation. For anyone to try to scare someone, trying, and doing the right thing is a little over the top to me.

KSH
06-05-2018, 06:32 AM
I just offered my opinion and experience. Not trying to scare anyone into anything. Not sure why you guys are so against it just because it's different or unwarranted or overkill in your opinion. Regardless, i think we've had enough back and forth on it. It's an option that I'm glad i learned about. We can all decide for ourselves what we think is best. End of my comment. No need to respond if it's more of the same.

JRTJH
06-05-2018, 06:43 AM
The OP asked a question about which hitch he should consider. Recommendations were made and he chose the Equalizer 4 point hitch. He reported that it was delivered last week and will soon be installed and adjusted.

Since the thread has turned into an "after purchase recommendation" for Hensley hitches, I'm closing the thread. It's served the OP's purpose and he has made his hitch choice.