PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

Elmo3700
04-10-2018, 08:24 AM
We finally took our 2018 Passport 2670bh on its maiden voyage over Easter Break to Folly Beach, SC. Everything went better than expected considering we were dry camping the first time we ever used it.

The only problem/issue I had was flushing the black tank. After emptying the black tank, I left if open and connected the flush hose and turned the valve on the faucet wide open (per manual). However, water shot out of the flush hose connection on the TT and did not go into the black tank to flush it. Am I missing something? Is there an on/off valve somewhere in the flush line? Should I be hearing water spraying into the black tank (I assumed I would)?

NOTE: I did not use a water pressure regulator.

MarcS
04-10-2018, 08:36 AM
I would check to make sure oring is in the black tank flush connector on side of trailer. And check to make sure black tank flush valve was installed properly inside campwr. They are usually located on opposite side of the wall under the bathroom sink.

sourdough
04-10-2018, 08:42 AM
This topic comes up frequently. You can do a search on the black tank flush or check the inline back flow preventer behind the hose connection. Mine is behind a panel under my bathroom sink.....and was faulty upon purchase.

Elmo3700
04-10-2018, 09:38 AM
I never checked the bathroom after trying to flush. I hope the valve didn't break leaving water everywhere. Ill be checking it as soon as I get home from work tho.

jeff57
04-10-2018, 11:50 AM
On our previous camper (2014 Laredo), we had the same issue. I had the dealer check it out with a few other things at the time and was told the check-valve in the black tank flush line was installed backwards. It was repaired under warranty.
On our current camper (2017 Premier), we had a loose connection under the bathroom sink where the flush line enters the camper. Discovered this on our maiden voyage when water was running out from under the camper. :banghead:
Since there was no room to work on it under the sink, I had to remove the female hose receptacle from the outside, pull the line out through the hole a little bit, tighten the clamp then re-attach and re-seal from the outside. Worked as it should have from the factory.
When it works properly you can hear water going into the black tank.

Hope this helps!

Elmo3700
04-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help. Turns out, the connection under the sink was loose like jeff57’s. Luckily the connection was easy to get to and the o ring was missing from outside. I think the missing o ring prevented a larger mess under the sink with a loose connection. Very little water was under the sink and a roll of toilet paper absorbed most of the water

RoscoeV
04-10-2018, 02:03 PM
These are the kind of things that tick me off. They should be caught before they leave the factory through the QA process and if missed there, then the dealer should catch them during their inspection. They charge us for the delivery fee and those items are supposed to be checked.

66joej
04-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Thinking of upgrading our 2013 Cougar 24RKSWE but after reading some of the problems that are coming with the new units we are reconsidering. This TT has been trouble free since we bought it. I feel for the new owners that are faced with issues that should be rectified before delivery is taken.

sourdough
04-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the help. Turns out, the connection under the sink was loose like jeff57’s. Luckily the connection was easy to get to and the o ring was missing from outside. I think the missing o ring prevented a larger mess under the sink with a loose connection. Very little water was under the sink and a roll of toilet paper absorbed most of the water

Great! Glad to hear there wasn't any serious leakage. Good 'ole toilet paper - good for more than a person knows!!