PDA

View Full Version : Our second trailer

Number 4
04-09-2018, 05:46 PM
For some time I've wanted to haul a second trailer when we go camping. I don't know how the P3.81/65W1 tires will hold up over time but otherwise she's a sturdy little thing. My parents had a Shasta Airflyte when I cut my camping teeth and they passed it on to me when I had kids of my own (kicking myself for selling it long ago!) Anyhow, I know it's not period correct with a spare tire and bumper but that was the "why not" side of me. If a bird moves in while it's parked on the picnic table does the bird have squatters rights?

chuckster57
04-09-2018, 05:52 PM
That’s cool!!

vampress_me
04-09-2018, 06:19 PM
That is so cute!!!

sourdough
04-09-2018, 06:27 PM
That's neat! We have a fulltimer guy in FL that stays close to us and he makes little trailers like that to sell. We always try to take care of him and he made DW a pretty little trailer similar to your pic. Cool.

Number 4
04-09-2018, 07:49 PM
That's neat! We have a fulltimer guy in FL that stays close to us and he makes little trailers like that to sell. We always try to take care of him and he made DW a pretty little trailer similar to your pic. Cool.

Thanks! I made a couple of tiny TT's for friends and kept refining the design until making this one for myself. Here's a photo of my daughter and friend washing the Shasta (de-winged at the time). There were different Shasta models back in the day and I haven't been able to identify exactly the one we had, but I always liked the lightning bolt design.

Number 4
04-24-2018, 09:18 AM
We had a fine time at Bodega Dunes campground in Bodega Bay this past weekend and part of the relaxing "down time" was adding some details. Tiny Shasta sits on our table by the window and now it's time to make another one, possibly with a hinged door and roof for tiny stuff storage. DW likes that idea!

LuvsPalmTrees
04-30-2018, 08:02 AM
So cute - I have wanted one for a while now.

Pull Toy
04-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Want to see a converted original?

KOA, South Brattleboro hosts a "Vintage Campout Weekend" every year, and also has a converted Shasta that now serves as a Breakfast Take Out / Ice Cream Parlor, on sight.

Nice place to stay, family owned, Bev and Ernie (and crew) run a great, clean, quiet, small and personal campground!

Good Luck!