PDA

View Full Version : tv in a 2017 5th wheel sprinter

Randallf
04-08-2018, 09:44 PM
All, how do i use my tv when i don't have a cable hookup?
With my antenna I should be able to get local channels ,you would think, right?
any help will be nice. Thanks
randy

chuckster57
04-09-2018, 01:38 AM
You need to find the booster and turn it on. The booster should be at one of the coax outlets, and will have a small button you push to turn it on. Once you have done that, raise the antenna if it’s that style, then do a channel scan making sure the tv is set to “air”.

Randallf
04-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked and couldn't find the button.
Also, my antenna is not adjustable.
randy

Bisjoe
04-09-2018, 08:48 AM
The button is normally next to the inside TV connection. The TV itself must then be setup to look for "air" or "antenna" channels. Most default to cable so you have to specify and change it.

PARAPTOR
04-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Keep looking, as stated its usually on the same plate as one of the coaxial connectors. Note: its a small button. Could be located anywhere in the rig. Be patient it may take a couple adult drinks :facepalm:

notanlines
04-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Randy, every one we've looked at has the amplifier where the coax comes in to one of the TV's. Have your SO come in to help, she'll find it and then this whole thing will be over. It is a tiny button, like was mentioned, about an eighth of an inch in diameter.
And I found this in the description online: "Cable TV hook-up with antenna and signal booster" It's there, believe us.

Rangerj
04-09-2018, 04:51 PM
On my 2017 sprinter, it’s on the left side of the couch in the rear. It’s looks like a regular outlet, but there is a little button on the right side of the switch. It will make a huge difference when you do your channel search.

Randallf
04-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Jim, I will look again with my SO. Stand by
Thanks
Randy
Also ret navy Veteran

Randallf
04-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Thank you Johnnie, I will check it out tomorrow night
I have to ask, why isn't this mentioned in the owners manual?
ug
Randy

Randallf
04-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Johnnie, we have the rv so i don't know why it wouldn't be there

Since we have the same rv can you answer another question for me.
its seem's to run out of out water in just a few minutes. My other rv would last for two quick showers this one doesn't .Do you have the sane problem?
Randy

travelin texans
04-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Find this near one of the tv's;

Press small button & should light up the small led, set tv to antenna or air & scan channels.
Every time you move or change the signal input you'll have scan the channels, booster "on" for antenna & "off" for cable.

ctbruce
04-10-2018, 03:18 AM
I have to ask, why isn't this mentioned in the owners manual?
ug
Randy

The manuals that come from the manufacturer(s, all of them) are generic and not model specific. Showing you where your booster is located would/should be covered in your PDI from the dealer. Asking here is sorta why we exist.

Rangerj
04-10-2018, 11:58 AM
I have a six gallon tank. It’s good for about that many minutes. Mine definitely works better on gas than electric. So when I shower I turn the gas on about 10 minutes ahead. By leaving it on I still have warm water for a long time, but hot for just about 6 minutes. I actually put a stopwatch on it to see how long it stayed hot.

travelin texans
04-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Run water heater on gas & electric together for a much faster recovery.

Dave W
04-10-2018, 02:05 PM
That antenna booster button may be in a closet and about as far from the TV as ours was, ~ 30 feet away, inside the washer/dryer closet on the ceiling and hidden by a door frame in the bedroom (don't have a washer/dryer, just the hookups:D)

Randallf
04-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Dave, thanks found it by the socket near the couch. You have to wonder why this isn't mentioned in the manual.
randy

Dave W
04-11-2018, 03:01 AM
Dave, thanks found it by the socket near the couch. You have to wonder why this isn't mentioned in the manual.
randy

It's difficult to find any info on these gadgets - even manufacturing and installation instructions. As far as operating info - that's supposed to be learned by osmosis.

Glad you found it. Now you can visit that vast wasteland, viewing 20 minutes of commercials for wonder drugs or lawyers out of every hour of a TV show:nonono::flowers: