PDA

View Full Version : getting satellite to bedroom tv

piccolo
04-08-2018, 10:06 AM
I have a 2015 outback 326rl that we love!! I have a dish mounted on tripod that we carry with us. My problem is I only get satellite reception on big screen in living room, only receive rig antenna in bedroom. How can I get satellite picture in bedroom? I can watch air tv but would rather have satellite in bedroom also.... any ideas??

chuckster57
04-08-2018, 10:09 AM
If your bedroom only has one coax out, then your out of luck, Only option in that case is to run another dedicated coax.

DocP
04-08-2018, 01:22 PM
I have a 2015 outback 326rl that we love!! I have a dish mounted on tripod that we carry with us. My problem is I only get satellite reception on big screen in living room, only receive rig antenna in bedroom. How can I get satellite picture in bedroom? I can watch air tv but would rather have satellite in bedroom also.... any ideas??

I was in the same situation as you. Here's what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Extender-Remote/dp/B07B445FWB/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523222217&sr=1-7&keywords=wireless+hdmi+transmitter+and+receiver

I bought mine directly from the manufacturer for $30 less than the price in the link above.

It just arrived yesterday, and I did a preliminary check on the entire setup. So far, the setup is working fine! I added an hdmi splitter to the mix (one hdmi cable from the DirecTV box to the splitter input, one hdmi cable from the splitter #1 out, and another hdmi cable from the splitter #2 out to the wireless hdmi receiver).

The distance between the living room tv and bedroom tv is pretty short, so the reception is great on the bedroom tv. There's a 30 day return period on this wireless setup, so I'll test the heck out of the setup during that time period to make sure that I get a reliable and strong transmission signal.

By the way, with this setup, I only need one DirecTV box, which also means that I can't be watching different shows on both tv's. I'm okay with that. Also, I have my DirecTV box and remote controls set to RF (radio frequency), so that I can control the DirecTV box in the living room from the bedroom.

{tpc}
04-09-2018, 04:06 AM
For us, the "kitchen tv" and the "bedroom tv" are mounted on the opposite sides of the same wall. I installed a hdmi splitter and fed the output from our dish box to the input of that, and then one output to one tv, one to the other.

This way the flip of a switch and its on the other tv. I left the antenna connected to the kitchen tv, so we can use that in there and the sat in the bedroom. IIRC the splitter I have wont put the hdmi signal on both outputs at the same time.

DocP
04-09-2018, 04:29 AM
For us, the "kitchen tv" and the "bedroom tv" are mounted on the opposite sides of the same wall. I installed a hdmi splitter and fed the output from our dish box to the input of that, and then one output to one tv, one to the other.

This way the flip of a switch and its on the other tv. I left the antenna connected to the kitchen tv, so we can use that in there and the sat in the bedroom. IIRC the splitter I have wont put the hdmi signal on both outputs at the same time.

Just curious. Does your HDMI splitter have its own power supply or just a cable without power? My HDMI splitter has 4 outputs and it is possible to watch the same program on all TV's at the same time (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JDXPRG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I had thought about just routing a long HDMI cable from an HDMI splitter attached to the the living room TV to the bedroom TV, but didn't want to get into running it through the enclosed underbelly.

{tpc}
04-09-2018, 06:27 AM
Just curious. Does your HDMI splitter have its own power supply or just a cable without power? My HDMI splitter has 4 outputs and it is possible to watch the same program on all TV's at the same time (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JDXPRG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I had thought about just routing a long HDMI cable from an HDMI splitter attached to the the living room TV to the bedroom TV, but didn't want to get into running it through the enclosed underbelly.

I am fairly certain it has its own small wall wort of some sort. Everything is still in storage so I can't confirm but in my minds eye I believe I had to add in a small adapter on the wall plug to allow for 3 things to be plugged in there. (TV, Splitter, Dish Box)

Depending on location, you might be able to hide it using wall moulding. Not the most elegant, but I would do that before going underneath. I would test it out first as the signal might diminish over such a long run (for the hdmi cable).

Edit: FWIW, I went with the one I did in order to save space as the splitter is only 2x2. Of course I had all kinds of ideas where I would permanently mount the DISH box that never came to fruition either.

Indy Steve
04-15-2018, 06:02 AM
If you're wanting a separate receiver in the bedroom, there is a flat coax cable you can get that allows you to run through a window and still close it completely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVKOOA2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Harleydodge
04-15-2018, 06:10 AM
I also use a wireless transmitter to get my Satellite Feed to my Bedroom TV as well as my outdoor TV. I did not care so much about having High Def so I cheaped out and went with These: https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Wirelessly-NY-GS10/dp/B00GGR4CBE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523801227&sr=1-4&keywords=wireless%2Btransmitter%2Band%2Breceiver&dpID=41TKqxvGJdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

ChuckS
04-16-2018, 09:30 AM
You’d most likely be happiest with wireless HDMI splitter.. too long of a run for cable unless you spend big bucks for quality cable.. even then might not work as well.. been using wireless HDMI in our fifth wheel with DTV dish for four seasons... distance from wireless to wireless in bedroom tv about 32 feet.. no signal issues, quick and simple setup...

Also if you have blue ray player in LR you could split HDMI signal from that into same wirelsss HDMI and have CD watch capability in BR...

DMK
04-21-2018, 06:52 PM
Here is what we use and it has worked flawlessly. https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Satellite-NAVS500/dp/B00OABOZYC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1524365444&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=nyrius%2Bwireless%2Bhdmi&th=1