PDA

View Full Version : East Tawas, Mi camp weekend

CrazyCain
04-07-2018, 04:46 AM
Spending a few days up at the trailer, will be pulling it out of here at the end of April....

:cool::ermm:

chuckster57
04-07-2018, 05:34 AM
Looks like you and Chip have something in common.

ken56
04-07-2018, 05:39 AM
Tawas has a great city RV park and its a nice town too. Used to live up the road in Harrisville and loved it. Harrisville state park is nice too. In the warmer season if you're a golfer Red Hawk golf course is a real gem. I must say that I really do NOT miss that white stuff still on the ground there.

CrazyCain
04-07-2018, 06:46 AM
Looks like you and Chip have something in common.

Snow snow SNOW!!!!!! It won't be long until it snow snow SNOW!! :lol::popcorn:

CrazyCain
04-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Tawas has a great city RV park and its a nice town too. Used to live up the road in Harrisville and loved it. Harrisville state park is nice too. In the warmer season if you're a golfer Red Hawk golf course is a real gem. I must say that I really do NOT miss that white stuff still on the ground there.

THis is our 2nd winter here and it just awesome. To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!! We go to Harrisville SP alot, great SP. DW grew up GreenBush/Oscoda so she is a big fan..
:D
:popcorn:

TLB
04-07-2018, 08:12 AM
To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!!

Yes it does get crowed. And the steaks at Kleno's meat market are some of the best up there.
We will be headed up in July.

{tpc}
04-09-2018, 04:27 AM
I'm kinda jealous, but I wish this snow would just stop already. Love Harrisville SP. That was our 2nd trip out (first without any of our seasoned camper friends) that we ever took.

ken56
04-09-2018, 06:48 AM
THis is our 2nd winter here and it just awesome. To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!! We go to Harrisville SP alot, great SP. DW grew up GreenBush/Oscoda so she is a big fan..
:D
:popcorn:

I am sure then she is familiar with the big old house known as the Springport Inn......:eek:. I will vouch that it truly is/was haunted. I was not a believer either until Joseph VanBuskirk convinced me. I went into a room to clean it after some guests and the pictures on the wall above the bed had been turned upside down so I turned them back right side up. After having left the room to do more chores I went back in to remake the bed and the pictures were back upside down.......and I was the ONLY person in the house at the time so no one else could have done it and I am certain I righted them. Had a lot of fun running that place.

CrazyCain
04-09-2018, 12:03 PM
I am sure then she is familiar with the big old house known as the Springport Inn......:eek:. I will vouch that it truly is/was haunted. I was not a believer either until Joseph VanBuskirk convinced me. I went into a room to clean it after some guests and the pictures on the wall above the bed had been turned upside down so I turned them back right side up. After having left the room to do more chores I went back in to remake the bed and the pictures were back upside down.......and I was the ONLY person in the house at the time so no one else could have done it and I am certain I righted them. Had a lot of fun running that place.

I will ask her about the place..
:eek:

:hide:

JRTJH
04-10-2018, 06:02 PM
We had to run downstate to Mason today. It was strange to see no snow in the fields and on the roads. On the way back north, around West Branch/Houghton Lake area, there it was..... Nothing melted while we were away .....

Around Grayling, the combines were in the fields, harvesting the spring crops. Hopefully they'll have it all out of the fields and in the storage barns so we can start enjoying "NO SNOW"... Apparently the "summer's here" memo got lost in the office postal room !!!!!

ken56
04-11-2018, 04:35 AM
As they say, sucks to be you......I do NOT miss the cold and snow we left behind since moving to east TN. haven't looked back. We have been having a great spring here and are heading out to Cumberland Mountain State Park next week. Beautiful weather for going camping........you may have to wait until June, I am so sorry.